Thursday, July 21, 2011

God Bless


Seeeeeeee... I *do* still stamp sometimes! I made this a few months ago, actually. I sing in a local choir and each spring I like to make a thank you card for our director that matches the theme of our annual concert. This year we had a sort of Americana theme, so I pulled out the old Stampin' Up! God Bless America stamp for the first time in ages (ever?). The flag behind the image is actually two different pieces of patterned paper, and then I accented the inside and the envie with the SU star wheel. Not bad for a (then) messy unorganized craft space!

I have since painted my craft room and am in the process of putting it all back together. Maybe I'll post a few pictures when it's done. It's nothing spectacular, but it's mine! I was just giggling the other day at all of the mismatched furniture I have in there, but oh well. It's functional, and a fairly large space, and right now that's all that matters. Maybe some day I'll invest in matching furniture with all the cubbies and cuteness you can stand, but it's not on my short list.

I'm also excited to share my new blog design! Wahooooooooooooooo! Michelle at Laycock Designs totally hooked me up with a beautiful new look. It was time for a change around here. If you're looking at this post in a reader, click over and take a peek and let me know what you think!

post signature

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I Love your new blog look...how fun!

Your card is beautiful! Also, I can relate to the mismatched furniture and things for the stamping room. My room isn't in the main part of the house so noone sees it anyway. The stamp room meets my needs and that's all I need.

Glad to see your card today!

Lorie said...

Ahhh...the blog turned out SO nice! It is so peaceful, love it! Your card is adorable too!

Danni said...

Love your cute new blog design and wonderful card!

Elaine M said...

Great new blog design - looking forward to seeing pics of your craft space. Hugs

i {heart} papers said...

Yay!!! Love the new design AND the card! I still have that stamp!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card and lovely blog design!

Dani said...

Great job on the card! And I love, love, love the new blog look. Love it!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips