Saturday, May 29, 2010

White Chocolate Snack Mix



Do I have your attention?

;)

I haven't blogged over here in awhile, so I thought I'd do a quick post just to let y'all know I'm still alive and kickin'. I made this AMAZING snack mix last week, and thought I'd share it with you all. I am not a fan of white chocolate at all - AT ALL - but this mix is absolutely divine. You'll have to try it some time. It makes a huge batch, and everyone gobbles it up! I took it to a party and people literally hovered around the bowl!

Here's the recipe:

5 c Corn Chex
5 c Cheerios (I used multigrain)
2 c Salted Peanuts (I used Dry Roasted)
10 oz Tiny Twists Knot Pretzels
1 lb M&M's
2 - 12 oz bags White Chocolate Chips
3 T Vegetable Oil

Mix first five ingredients in a large bowl. Combine chocolate and oil in a sauce pan over low heat until chocolate is melted. Pour melted chocolate over cereal mixture and stir until coated. Spread mixture out on waxed paper to dry, then break apart to serve.

Seriously... sooooo good!

I haven't been crafting much lately at all. I go through phases where I think I might just sell off all of my stuff, and then I come to my senses. I have been struggling with stamping, because I keep thinking of all the nights when I would rush to get the kids in bed so I could get a few extra minutes to stamp, when I would give every piece of me to have a few of those minutes back with Henry right now. :( Stamping has taken on a kind of negative connotation for me, and I think that is what is keeping me away from my craft space. But, even if it weren't for stamping, bedtime was still bedtime, so I know I am just being irrational... but it still is a bit of a trigger for me, so for the time being I'm laying low.

Maybe I'll just start posting yummy chocolate laden recipes instead. heh. Kidding!

Take care, and you'll hear from me soon...


Photobucket

post signature

4 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Hey Sarah! This stuff looks so yummy! I might have to give it a try! I do hope someday you come back to crafting. You are so talented and I always enjoyed your art. You will know when the time is right, until then take care and know your friends are still here waiting for you!

Holly Young said...

oh you are so bad for my hips! This looks super yummy and I'm glad I've already done this week's grocery shopping.
I'm sure you'll come to enjoy your crafting again Sarah and I'll be here ready to enjoy as always.

Elaine M said...

What a treat to see your post - and when the treat includes a treat recipie - well could it be any better. Can hardly wait to mix this up.

You just take your time getting back into crafting - healing comes when it comes. We're not going anywhere - you're worth waiting for you know. God Bless ya

i {heart} papers said...

Mmmm...yo ulove your pretzle and chocolate recipes. I still have that one with the pretzel squares and the minty kisses for Christmas. Mmmm...

I'd love to see you crafting again. I think eventually it will happen, but don't force it. It's supposed to be fun, remember? :)

{hugs}

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips