Monday, December 19, 2011

Butterscotch Pecan Cookies


Merry Christmas, friends! As usual, it has been too long since my last blog post. I blame Facebook! I was just doing some baking for Christmas, and thought I'd share this recipe here since I haven't posted in awhile, and it's not (to my knowledge) one of the more common cookie recipes out there. I found this in a Taste of Home magazine over a decade ago and it was an instant favorite. Here are the details:

1 pkg. Butter Recipe Cake Mix (18.25 oz.)
1 pkg. Butterscotch Pudding (3.4 oz., instant)
1/4 c. Flour
3/4 c. Vegetable Oil
1 Egg
1 c. Chopped Pecans

Combine the first five ingredients and mix well. Stir in pecans (dough will be crumbly). Shape by tablespoon of dough into a balls; place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes; remove from pan.

Yield: 4 dozen

There's still enough time for you to whip up a batch for Christmas, right? I made them this morning in about a hour, start to finish. I apologize for the cruddy iPhone picture - this whole blogging idea was kind of a last minute thought. But, a cruddy picture is better than no picture at all, right? Well, sometimes... :) That pic was taken after they came out of the oven, just as an fyi. They don't spread too much. I baked mine for 12 mins, and they got a little golden brown on the bottom but not so much on the tops.

Let me know if you try them, and have a Merry Christmas!!

post signature

1 comment:

Sue from Oregon said...

Been thinking about you as I have been cookin cookies like crazy! These look tasty!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips