Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Birthday Wishes



Ok, let's take a poll... Who thinks Changito is the coolest monkey in stamping? :o) I just love this little guy! I *just* got this new Changito Baker set from i {heart} papers, and I couldn't be more excited! I paired him up with some of the Rooster Row paper and this awesome red dotted ribbon. The monkey is colored with my copics, and I added stickles over the frosting on the cake, and over the flames on the candles.

That DP you see on the left side of the card is also the back of the card as well. I cut a piece to standard A2 measurements, then ripped most of the front away and adhered a piece of PTI white in its place. You can't see it in the pic, but I added another square of the patterned paper on the flip side of the white to cover where the copics bled through. I wasn't sure how it would look, but it actually finishes the card nicely.

I still need to tell you about Breaking Dawn. I haven't forgotten, I just don't have time right now! I need to go get a "last chance workout" in (ha ha!) before tomorrow's Wednesday Weigh-In!

Photobucket

post signature

14 comments:

Lorie said...

This is completely adorable! And, I think Changito is so cute, too!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh I love the color combo and layout here Sairabee! Like the piercing around the edge too!

i {heart} papers said...

He's such a cutey!

Danni said...

This is just too cute!!

Emily said...

How cute! That image is adorable! Love the colors and the piercing!

Dani said...

Ack! Could this be any cuter?! I may need that Changito now! :)

Maria said...

Yup, that monkey is stinkin' cute!! He looks so mischevious. . .just like a monkey should!! Your card is awesome. . lovely coloring and I love that pattern on the border. Great idea to have it in the back too!!

Maria

Sparkplug17 said...

I do think Changito is the coolest monkey, lol. Darling card!

Sandy said...

This is just too cute and I don't own a Changito but you're enticing me!

Noelle Bolstad said...

I love that red/blue combo and yes, that's the coolest monkey in stamping :-) He gets to cook AND go into outer space!

Debby said...

I just love your style. Your credits are always clean and fresh looking and mine look like the kitchen sink thrown in. Ah well. I just that's what makes the world go round eh

Gina Lindsay said...

I just love that little monkey and love what you did with him!

I finished The Devil in the White City. Thanks for the recommendation.

Kimmie said...

love the paper piercing around the edges

Pat's little corner of the world said...

He is just 2 cute...I love what you did with him....and your right there is just not any cute monkeys out there...but he is...
You are doing great on the weight..keep it up..
Your big sister

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips