Saturday, April 18, 2009

Long Winter





Let me explain this card a bit...

To make a long story short, one of my girlfriends had a baby about three or four months ago, but it was early. Really early. I think she was at about 22 weeks when she delivered. The little girl was a fighter though, and she has come through so much in the past few months. Last week I found out that she was finally strong enough to come home. I wanted to send a card, but wasn't really sure what to send. I thought about it for awhile, and this is what I came up with. A little welcome home card for baby.


I used SU!'s old Right at Home set, stamped in Going Grey on Pink Pirouette. Then I used my crystal effects on all of the windows, and added a layer of glitter at the base of the houses. The sentiment, which I thought was sooo fitting for both the situation and the season, is from the Sweet n' Sassy Stamps set called His Eye Is On The Sparrow. I just love this set. The sentiments are so versatile.

And finally...... Breaking Dawn.





I actually finished this book a week or so ago, but kept putting off my little review due to a lack of time. I always seem to be blogging at 1am, and trying to race to bed as I do it. I'm finally here mid-afternoon, so I thought I'd say a few words. Ok, I've read all four books. A lot of people I've spoken with have asked me what order I liked the books in. If I had to choose, I'd say 1, 2, 4, 3. New Moon was my least favorite, because of two chapters mainly. Both had to do with a lot of history to the plot, and it just got to the point of being almost painful to read. And by painful, I mean boring. Other people have asked me which "team" I'm on, Edward or Jacob. I'm fully entrenched with Team Edward. The whole bit about who Jacob imprinting is creepy to me, but I saw it coming pretty early on. When Quil did almost the same thing, I knew there was some foreshadowing there.

Yes, I'm being vague. But I'm thinking maybe someone is reading this who doesn't want any spoilers, so I'm being nice. :o) If you want to discuss the book more in depth, feel free to email me at the link on my sidebar!

And don't forget to check out the Stephenie Meyer website. Did you know she actually wrote a fifth book for the series? She has the transcript (253 pages) linked on her site, and the explanation of why it will probably never make it to print... which stinks! Check it out if you have time. I think I'm going to have to read it now... I guess my thirst for all things Cullen hasn't been completed satisfied yet!

Photobucket

post signature

7 comments:

Danni said...

Very nice!!

Lorie said...

You are so thoughtful! That card is just perfect! :o)

Lisa Foster said...

What a sweet card! I love it! I'm almost done with Breaking Dawn and I can tell ya...I know I'm not gonna be Cullen satisfied either. (Good grief you read fast...course I can only read a chapter at night before my eyelids fail me...LOL)

Gina Lindsay said...

What a sweet card to send. Coming home, I am sure is something that has been longed for many months. After seeing both my niece and nephew both spend time in the NICU after their births, I know time goes very slowly there.

Ceal said...

would have never thought of that stamp set for that card but it is perfect!

Maria said...

I think your card is perfect for the situation. The sentiment is a perfect message and your card is not overly bright and happy looking. As an RN, we were told not to be overly "happy" when taking care of our patients.

I finished all 4 Twilight books. I liked 1, 3, 4 ,then 2. I liked #2 the least because like you, I also found it boring. I still like 1 the best because there were a lot of mystery and I loved Edward in that book. . . for the rest of the books, he sort of turned into a lap dog. #4 had to much going on. Many of which really didn't quite make sense.

I heard that there's an "Edward" point of view. . is that the manuscript that you are talking about? I would have liked to have known what Edward was thinking. . .unfortunately, it was a first person view (Bella) so we only could read her perspective.

What I found strange is that she was "all powerful" it seems for no apparent reason. The book didn't explain that. .

I'm reading the Host right now. I get the feeling Stephenie Meyer likes her seemingly ordinary heroin have extraordinary powers in a not so obvious way.

Maria

Mariska said...

What a lovely card Sarah. I love the colour pink and the cool grey ribbon. Very stylish and pretty! Can't wait to see what you have done with the Pink Cat Studio stamps!! I'll be back!!

xxx
Mariska

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips