Friday, November 16, 2007

An uneventful month... sort of

A friend of mine reminded me recently that it has been over ten days since I've updated my blog, so I thought I'd come out and post to let you all know that we are still alive and doing well... Just haven't been doing a whole lot to warrant posting this month. We did attend the holiday parade last weekend, and Henry had his first hair cut the same day but I don't have any photos of either event to share. Hair cut photo's will come eventually, but we're still waiting on those.


Last weekend I had my first Stampin' Up! workshop outside of my home - I've done a few here, but never any where else. I was terrified that I would forget half of my stuff, but thankfully I did not. The ladies seemed to like the cards we did. I'll have to get pictures posted of those soon too! So much to do and not enough time in the day to do it.


I've been spending my free time working on the jigsaw puzzle from hell (I'm pretty sure that's the title - argh), and trying to read Jodi Picoult's Nineteen Minutes. It's such a good book, but I get into my puzzle and before I know it, it's bedtime. OH - and did you know there is a new book out called Rhett Butler's People? I know I'm getting it for Christmas and I can't wait! I just loved the GWTW story, and the sequel Scarlett (by a different author).


Tomorrow night my Mom and I are going to see the musical White Christmas. I'm really looking forward to that, as the movie is my favorite movie of all time. When I was very young, my Aunt and Uncle sent me a copy of the movie on VHS that they had recorded from the television and I watched that thing over and over and over on the weekends. Literally, I would play the movie, watch it, rewind it, and play it again about three times per day. I used to spend the weekends at my grandparents, and it got to the point that when I went to put the movie in one fateful time (after easily 300 total viewings) my grandpa said something to the effect of, "if you put that g*d d*mn movie in one more time..." Well, you get the picture. ;o) Apparently every man has a Bing Crosby breaking point and I had found his. Over the last 25 years I'd guesstimate that I've seen the show at least 500 times, and no I'm not exaggerating! I know almost the entire movie by heart. I'm hoping the play is just as good!


Next week is also Thanksgiving. We will be spending the day with my Mom and Grandma and watching the Packers (hopefully) beat the Lions to further their division lead. *fingers crossed*


That's about all of the excitement we have! Like I said, it's not much for blog fodder!

post signature

No comments:

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips