Friday, November 30, 2007

Nineteen Minutes

by Jodi Picoult

Another fabulous book by my newest favorite author! Nineteen Minutes revolves around a typical high school in the US and the bullying that is present within it. One student can't take any more and retaliates in the form of a school shooting, killing ten students and leaving even more injured. As someone who was bullied in school, this book was really an eye opener for me to the fact that to some degree it happened to everyone (contrary to my belief at the time that I was the only target, though the things that happened to me were no where near as severe as what was happening to the main character of this story). I think this would be a great book for everyone to read, especially students and educators.

I just visited the authors website and it looks like they have made this into a movie (there is a trailer available on the site but I can't view it for some reason). They are also beginning filming on My Sister's Keeper (review a few posts ago) starring Dakota Fanning and Cameron Diaz. Although I don't think the movies are ever as good as the books are, I'm still looking forward to seeing them!

I'm currently reading The Guy Not Taken by another favorite author - Jennifer Weiner. Look for a review in a week or two!

post signature

1 comment:

Amber Porter said...

Loved this book. She is one of my favorite authors. I got to meet her at a book signing in KC, Missouri and she signed my book!!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips