Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dude.



Hellooooo blogger friends! Long time, no see! I can't believe I took two days off from blogging. It felt odd not to be crafting and sharing, but with Halloween tossed in there life kind of took over for a few days. If you'd like to take a sneaky peek at my little farmer and his cow, click on over to my family blog for pictures. I even went so far as to digi-scrap our evening, so I guess I did get a little crafting in after all! I'm VERY new to the whole digi-scrapping world, so don't go expecting anything phenominal... Seriously.

Ok, on to today's card. This little guy is from a set of witty stamps by Inkadinkado. I think it's called Birthday Characters? Maybe? I'm really not sure. I can check if you'd really like to know. Anyhow, I needed a masculine birthday card, and this is what I came up with. I stamped the "dude" with my Karen Foster Snap Stamps. I really wanted to add glitter to the bunny tail, but that just didn't seem to fit the whole dark masculine look, so I skipped it. Maybe I should still add it for a little whimsy? What do you think?

The DP is Basic Grey, from my Scarlett Letter pad. The base of the card, ironically, is basic gray, by Stampin' Up! Funny how that works.

Before I go, I want to direct you to some super cute cards made by my fellow i {heart} papers design team members:

Cathleen made a gorgeous pink wedding card here. You have to check out the ribbon/bow on it! To die for!

Lori made a super fun cupcake card. The colors and layout are just perfect... not to mention the cupcake DP she used.

I finally have the DT blog list uploaded on my sidebar, if you'd like to take a peek and see who all is on the team. I'm going to try to remember to continue to link you to specific cards as they are posted throughout the month.

I hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween!

Photobucket

post signature

14 comments:

Holly Young said...

This is a great guy card Sarah! I love your Halloween pictures; so cute!

Danni said...

Very cute card!!

Anonymous said...

Love that card Sarah! Cute sentiment and loved how the play on basic grey came into play. keep 'em coming! hope you and yours had an amazing halloween.

Debby said...

Love the Dude! Cute cute cute. Looks like you had a fun Halloween. Henry is adorable in the little cow costume. Hope you have a great Sunday.

Sue from Oregon said...

This would make a perfect "Man" card!

Mandy said...

ADORABLE!!! I *need* that "dude" stamp!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Very cute, love the papers/colors you chose.

Catherine said...

LOL! too cute!

Meli Palmer said...

Oh my, that card gave me a giggle.

Dani said...

Great guy card! You rock. :)

Sparkplug17 said...

I love the sentiment...it cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

Very adorable card...I love it!

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh...that is absolutely hilarious!

Chrissy D said...

ROFL This cracks me up! I love this!!! Very cute. I have been running like crazy since I came home so TODAY will be the day I fix the signature. Sorry for taking so long!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips