Sunday, October 28, 2007

Home Again!

Well, we're home again! For those who were unaware, Henry and I recently joined my Mom and Grandma on a 1875 mile road trip to visit relatives in Tennessee. We left Sunday the 21st, and stayed that first night in Indianapolis. Monday we stopped in Lexington to have lunch with my SCS friend Karen (SCS: Jusgottastamp) and then continued on to TN, and we stayed with relatives until Thursday morning. We spent two days in Pigeon Forge, one day shopping and one day visiting Dollywood, which was awesome. My only regret is that we didn't go a few weeks later so that we could see their Christmas decorations and shows! Thursday we headed for Nashville, and also spent some time shopping in the old town of Metamora, IN on the way home (it was a little out of the way, but still worth the detour). We returned home yesterday, the 27th. It was a rainy trip, but other than that it was very nice.

Henry was a trooper throughout and barely fussed at all (only twice, and both times after having sat in the car seat through 6+ hours of driving!). He stuck to his normal sleep schedule while we were away, but his naps were much shorter. He's been sleeping like crazy since we got home to make up for it! :o)

Here are some pictures from our trip. This is Henry playing with his first box of animal crackers. His Aunt Jeannie bought them for him as a surprise treat!


These two are of the family at Dollywood. The first is of Mom, Aunt Jeannie, Grandma, Henry, and me and my Mom and Uncle Leon swap places for the second picture. Pay no attention to my footwear :o) I'm dealing with bursitis and tendonitis on my feet, so these are basically the only shoes I could wear all week! You can even see the baby bump if you look closely!

post signature

1 comment:

Lorie said...

What a great trip that must have been! I would have loved to do something like that with my mom and grandma...maybe I'll do it with, wait, nope...no daughter! LOL! Anyway, I see the baby bump...cute!!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips