Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!

Who doesn't love a colored egg?! Even though I'm not a fan of hard boiled eggs, I've always loved coloring them and have done so every year (even as an adult prior to Henry!). Here are some from this year's batch. I normally buy Paa's kits, but ended up with a Dudley's kit this year because it came with some Sesame Street stickers (Henry is a big fan of Elmo, Oscar, and Cookie Monster). I figured they were all the same anyway but boy was I wrong. The Dudley colors are so much more vivid than the Paa's colors ever were, and they color twice as fast! Mental note for next year.... buy Dudley's!!

I boiled 30 eggs in all, colored 25 of them and turned the other five into deviled eggs to take to Easter dinner at Mom and Grandma's house today. It's the only day of the year I get to use this plate my Mom bought me, so I figure I'd better make the most of it! The yolk mixture is just miracle whip, yellow mustard, ground mustard, and celery salt with paprika sprinkled on top. Easy schmeasy.


This was taken shortly after Henry found his basket this morning. :o)


Henry loves balls... especially footballs and soccer balls (which I'm sure makes both Papa and his Godfather proud respectively!). This set of four also came with a basketball and a baseball... and all are soft, for minimal damage to the surrounding areas. ;o)


The Easter bunny also brought us some more Tonka trucks. Henry loves cars and trucks right now and is on a big kick of needing to go for a ride every day just to look around. He also loves to drive through the parks and look at the ducks and geese that congregate near the water (at South Park).


I just thought this was an adorable picture and had to share. He's opening a Pooh Easter book. Almost everything in the basket was wrapped because he enjoys opening gifts so much.


And here's Henry's Elmo egg for breakfast.... that he didn't like. :o) Apparently not a fan of the hard boiled egg, he opted for a banana and some cheerio's instead. And honestly, I can't say I blame him! I remember as a kid I would only eat the whites of the hard boiled eggs and would give the yolks to my grandpa. Nothing has really changed for me!



I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

post signature

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Adorable pictures! My youngest LOVES hard boiled eggs so guess what he'll be taking one of to school today? Happy Easter!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips