Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Catching up with cards...

Here are some of my most recent creations...

I made a bunch of cards in this onesie design (big thanks to Lauren Meader for the design idea and template!) to use as thank you cards for baby gifts we have received. It took me awhile to find my mojo with this one. My final design used Taken With Teal, and a different center stamp, but I'll have to post a pic of it later. This is one of the other colors/stamps I tried but I wasn't as happy with it.



This is Jack's birth announcement. We did a Raggedy Ann and Andy nursery theme. The card was designed to be super easy to mass produce. I procrastinated for so long on these, I had to have somethign I could mass produce in a hurry. I'm still happy with the results though. It has a classic look to it, IMO. The picture makes it look like Andy is stamped on white, but everything is either Very Vanilla or Night of Navy...

And here is a checkbook cover I made for my grandma. It's her third one. :o) When she wears out the cover she'll ask for a new one (cover) and I'll make a new insert to go with it. I *think* the other two are in my Splitcoast gallery if anyone is interested (you'll have to go back a few pages to find them).


We got a loaner crib from my cousin for baby Jack. I thought I could help Darrin move it (despite being about 36 weeks along) into the house and up the stairs, but quickly learned that was a bad idea. I started contracting as soon as we got it in the house and had to call for back up. Our friend (and Henry's godfather) Ryan was quick to lend a hand, so I made this thank you card for him afterwards. This is a classic example of why I didn't buy much of the In Colors this year. This card uses Sky Blue paper and the Designer Series Paper (all In Colors) but then it is Old Olive and Really Rust, which are almost identical to the Wild Wasabi and whatever that burnt sienna color is that is an In Color this year...


This is the Easter card I made for my Mom and Grandma. As I'm typing this I have the distinct impression that I've already posted it here. Forgive me if it's a duplicate.


And this is the card I stamped when I couldn't sleep at 6am on the morning of my c-section. LOL. It's a retirement card for a former co-worker. If I had it to do over, I would have used glossy white paper under the image and colored it with markers instead of Prismas/Gamsol so that the colors would be more vivid.



There you have it! Enjoy!

Scroll down for a new post (on 4/15) called "Life After Baby" and stay tuned for more Johnny Depp movie set pics!

post signature

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Wow! Those are all great! It is good to see you have been creating. :o)

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips