Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life Since Baby

Hi All -
Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been caught up in spring cleaning (crazy, I know) and that has chewed up what little free time I have had. But let me tell you it sure feels good to have it done (well, "in progress" would be more like it).



Things are going well with Jack. He's quite the sleeper... during the day. ;o) I still get about 6-7 hours of sleep at night (in 2-3 hour spurts) but he does the majority of his hard core (read: restful) sleeping during the day. Part of me thinks I should wake him up more during the day so that he will sleep more at night, but I'm trying to hold off because it gives me a lot of one-on-one time with Henry which he needs right now. At our last weight check, Jack was up to 9lbs 5oz. He was 9/2 when born and 8/6 when we left the hospital. Our next appt is in early May.



Henry is doing pretty well, all things considered. His little world is starting to return to normal and that is helping immensely. He did very well in the beginning, then regressed a little, but as I said things are on the upswing now. His new word is "pie". LOL. He learned that while we shared a piece of grandma's home made rhubarb custard pie (and it helps that one of his favorite books mentions a pie as well). I wrote all of his words down the other day and there are about 26 total so far that he is saying. I'll share them the next time my computer and list are in the same vacinity. :o)



Here are a few pictures for you... First we have Jack, at about five days old:



And here is Henry at about 2 mos old for the sake of comparison:


They look quite a bit alike. Jack seems to have a darker complexion than Henry. He must get that from my Mom and Grandpa (whom he was named after), as the rest of us all seem to be a bit pastey ;o). Although I seem to remember Henry's earlier pictures making it look like he had a darker complexion as well due to the after effects of his jaundice (which Jack has as well, but not nearly as bad as Henry's was). Jack also has darker hair and eyes (so far).

EDITED TO ADD: This is a total afterthought, but look how unhappy Henry is in his Bears outfit!! Now check out this post (bottom picture) and look at that big grin on his face when he wears his Packer jersey. ;o) lmao!

Stampers... stay tuned for some new cards soon! I have them loaded, just need to find time to post them. Same goes for more movie set pics!

post signature

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh...he is beautiful! I'm so thrilled that things are going well. You know...I was going to ask what was going on with the Bears outfit...the Packers Jersey is MUCH nicer! LOL!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips