Saturday, July 19, 2008

Congratulations!


Ok, so I know I said I was going to post this yesterday, but I just never got around to it. Sorry! I'm back today though, and I have lots of cards in the queue, so hopefully it will be quite a few days before I hit another dry spell! PLUS, my August 3 Little Dreams kit will be here soon, so I'll have all that fun stuff to show you before you know it as well! Do you own Globetrottabella? If not, you should totally check out the site and seriously consider buying the August Bella kit!

Ok, enough about the bella that's NOT in this card, let's focus on the one that IS! This is Sposabella. Am I the only one on the planet who doesn't get that name? Is it a play on "spouse"? That's the only thing I can think of. At any rate, my good friend Merry was kind enough to send me some images of her, and she was even kinder to stamp them on shimmer paper! SO, the image is on shimmer white, layered on shimmer grey, with a shimmer white base.

LOVE IT!

The ribbon is Stampin' Up!'s grey taffeta... the same grey taffeta that I pulled off that bee card I showed you last, to be exact. lol! Never throw anything away! You never know when you might be able to use it. I colored her with my Copics, and gave her a big ol' purple butt bow. I have no idea what the wedding colors are, I'm just having fun. I also drew in the bouquet ribbons to match.

This is the second card I've made for this bridal shower tomorrow. I'll show you the third (and final) one later. My bathroom was my inspiration for that one. Are you intrigued? lol!

Details:
Stamps: Sposabella, Hobby Lobby clear acrylic sentiments
Ink: Black, Going Grey
Paper: Shimmer White, Shimmer Grey
Other: SU Grey Taffeta Ribbon, Copic Markers, Sticky Pearls, SU White Gel Pen, Doodlebugs Glitter (on roses)

post signature

12 comments:

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I love the bellas but have no intention of starting a collection of them. I know myself too well and i want my kids to be able to go to college. LOL! I love the congratulations stamp!

Courtney said...

Oh, this is just fantastic. I love the simplicity.

I also love that you recycled the ribbon!

Dani said...

This is beautiful! I love the purple butt bow!

Melissa said...

This is a beautiful card. I like the shimmery paper, the colors and the buttons that you used.

Lorie said...

Oh, this is just lovely! Who wouldn't love this card?

Holly Young said...

beautiful card! I love the flowers in the boquet!

Anonymous said...

I have this same stamp and I also wondered about the name. It is a weird name but a great stamp. I used mine to make wedding shower invites and I'll use it to make an album for the bride.

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Heather
scrappinmominky.blogspot.com

Susan said...

What a beautifully elegany card! Love the ribbon and background paper. So classy looking. TFS!

Debby said...

Super pretty! I love it!

Christi Flores said...

This is beautiful!!!

Kim's Life said...

Very Beautiful!!!!

Collette said...

Like the grey with the white - simple but looks great!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips