Monday, March 30, 2009

Hello


Here is a quick card I made tonight with some fun supplies from i {heart} papers. I was browsing through my blog the other day, and saw a card I made with this same layout a year ago, so I thought I'd try it again because, well, I like it. :) I like how you can really show off a piece of DP on the left there.

Anyhow! That DP I'm showing off is called Carnival Flowers. Isn't it a fun print? I have it paired up here with SU's Garden Green and So Saffron. I love when I find non-SU papers that match SU colors so well. It makes me happy. :) The stamp and sentiment are from the Spring Fling set that I just can't seem to get enough of lately. After coloring the image with my Copics, I added some yellow Stickles to the center of the flowers. Then I cut the circle out using my Nestabilities, and layered it on another scalloped circle also cut with my Nesties. I love those things! They take up so much less space than all of my punches.... and yet, I can't seem to part with my punches. I love those, too. I'm addicted, I tell ya!

I also have to tell you about another book I recently finished reading:


Yes, that's right. I read Hillary Clinton's Living History. All 539 pages of it. Why? Well, first and foremost because I have a fascination with our First Ladies. I have a growing collection of all the books that have been written about them (or that they have written, in this case), and am slowly making my way through all of them. Second, I like her. There. I said it. This moderately conservative right wing blogger has a soft spot for Hillary. Third, I'll be perfectly honest: I wanted to hear (well, read) her side of the Lewinsky thing.

As for the book.... eh. Most of it was fascinating, as far as the stories of where all she traveled and who she met, etc. were concerned. Some of it was long and drawn out. It took me a longggg time to finish this book. I've been working on it here and there for about two years. The problem is I didn't really feel like it flowed. It was almost as if every chapter was its own short story, so when I came to the end of a chapter, I had no overwhelming urge to continue on to the next one, and so the book would sit for days/weeks/months between chapters as I read other stories.

I believe this book was released before she made any announcements about running for President. I had the distinct impression while reading that the book was written in such a way as to shed a positive light on her and set her up for a favorable run. I don't know how to explain it, I just felt like I was reading a campaign pitch occasionally. So anyhow, if you're into history, or even a fan of Hillary, it might be worth the read. Otherwise, you can probably live without it.

Now I'm reading Twilight. I finally got sucked in. HA. Get it? ;)

Photobucket

post signature

12 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Cute layout! And yes, I'm right there with you - I love when my DP matches my SU or PTI cs perfectly!

Kelly said...

Very cute layout. I might be totally CASE-ing for my upcoming stamp-a-stack!

No, not Twilight....you too???

I might have to read them this summer...

Lorie said...

Cute card Sarah! So bright and cheery!

Tracey said...

Love your card Sarah! So pretty!

Have fun with Twilight - so addictive!!

Dani said...

Cute! I love it when my paper matches too. Makes life so much easier! :)

Have fun reading Twilight!

Danni said...

What a sweet card!! Love it!

Sparkplug17 said...

I love that paper and your card is darling. I'm glad you got sucked in, lol. :) I just finished Vanishing Acts. I need to find something new that doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Janna said...

This is just too cute! I adore these beautiful papers and the gorgeous layout! I can see why you would revisit this one!

Sorry to hear about the book. That is disappointing. Can't wait to hear your review on Twilight!

Smiles,
janna

Emily said...

Great card Sarah! Love the layout and the pattern paper you used! Great colors!

Debby said...

I get it you silly girl. My kid read all 4 in a week and then followed that up with the host. Well granted I don't have 24/7 to read, this was during the summer, so it took me a lot longer. Anyway it does indeed Suck you in. Funny my lips pursed when I said that. Am I turning in to a vampyress. Yikes. Have fun. You know. I couldn't get through Bill's book. Did she shed any light on Monica's horrible dress?

Maria said...

Very pretty card, Sarah! I love the pretty sunny colors of your card. Lately I've been using yellow a lot on my cards. Love the pretty floral image and that pretty dp.

I was never interested in Hilary even if it was good read. LOL! Well, Twilight . . .that's a different story. I got sucked into it too and I LOVED it.. . it made such a difference in understanding the movie. Did you watch the movie.

I'm just about done with the second book New Moon. I have to say Twilight is a better book but there's a new movie coming out for the second book. I'll be buying the third book this week.

Tell us what you think after you read the book. Be sure to watch the movie when you're done!! It brings the characters to life!

Maria

Chrissy D said...

Fabulous card! Love the DP and your design!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips