Sunday, May 10, 2009

Baked With Love


The last time I posted a card using this Changito the Baker set from i {heart} papers, one of my blogger friends left a comment saying it would be cute to use for gift tags on baked goods. Right you are, my friend! In fact, the stamp set actually comes with this perfect little tag stamp, and you can stamp other images inside of it however you'd like. So, I used it to help decorate this box of cookies. These are my Mom's all time favorite cookies... Grandma's Peanut Butter Cookies. I found these cute Wilton cupcake boxes at Hobby Lobby (3 for $5, I think - maybe a little less), and picked them up hoping they'd work for cookies too, and they do! Just leave out the cupcake inserts, and you're set! I made a double batch of the cookies to give to her as part of her Mother's Day gift today. Henry is very excited to go give Grandma her cookies after nap time. hee hee. I *think* he might be hoping to score one or two for himself, but I can't be sure. :o)

Here is a close up of the tag:





The tag is colored with my Copic markers, and tied on with some 5/8" Pink Twill Ribbon. The ribbon is PERFECT for this kind of project because it's a sturdy ribbon (and, it matches!) and really works well to help hold the box closed.

There's a little sad news though..... :o( .......... This is my last "official" post as an i {heart} papers Design Team member. My term ended, and it's bittersweet. Bitter, because I love Kate and the whole IHP team, but at the same time sweet, because I know summer is going to be super busy, and I probably shouldn't be spending as much of those beautiful summer days locked up in my stamp room! I will miss everyone though!

I also have another book to share with you! I just finished Jennifer Weiner's Certain Girls last night:
Weiner (pronounced Wine-er, before you start giggling too much!) is one of my favorite authors. I've read everything she has written, and have enjoyed all of it. Although I enjoyed this book, I have to say it was one of my least favorite by her. Not because it wasn't a good story... it was... it just took me a long long time to really get into it. In fact, while I was reading the book, I was thinking about blogging and decided that from now on I'm going to share my "point of no return".... meaning, the page I got to when it became nearly impossible for me to put the book down. For this book, sadly, it was page 245. That's a whole lot of reading to go through before being really sucked in! BUT... the interesting part is that not only was I totally hooked from 245 to the end, I also found myself crying through most of those final 100(ish) pages. So it's not that I didn't like the story, and it's not that I couldn't relate to the characters, it just didn't really draw me in like some of her previous works have. I would still recommend it if you enjoy Chick Lit... but maybe start with one of her earlier books like In Her Shoes, or Good in Bed (which, by the way, is not as racy as the title implies!). OH! Actually.... do read Good in Bed first, because it's something of a prequel to this novel. Same characters.... :o)

Happy Mother's Day!

Photobucket

post signature

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Awww...that is adorable! Love it! And, you know...you need the extra time this summer for the zoo! :o)

Sue from Oregon said...

oh yummmy! I just love this little monkey!

Anonymous said...

What a yummy creation!! Those little monkeys are so cute :). And despite the fact that I am not a reader, I always enjoy your book reviews. Maybe one day.... Happy Mommy's Day!

Kimmie said...

That tag is adorable! Great gift idea

Lorie said...

Yay, Sarah! You are on Susana's Shout out list with this project! Way to go girl!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips