Wednesday, May 6, 2009

We're Having A Picnic!


Ok, seriously, how fun is this card!? I love it! That red gingham paper (found at Hobby Lobby) is just perfect for a picnic card! The images on the card are from the Sweet n' Sassy Stamps set called Summer Fun, and the sentiment is from Summer Sentiments. The sketch today is from Card Positioning Systems. Have you seen their blog? They have some super cute sketch ideas! Click over and take a look at some of the other samples this week.




In my last post I mentioned that I'd finished another book, and said I'd talk about it here.... so here you go! The last book I read was The Shack, by William P. Young. You can learn all about it on that website, if you're interested.


The book was recommended to me by a friend, and I'm so glad I read it! The story centers around conversations the main character has with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit over the course of a weekend. I absolutely loved the story, and the refreshing take the author has on faith as a whole. There are lots of people who are unhappy with the book, citing heresies and what have you, but to them I say lighten up. I really think the book is worth reading, and then you can form your own opinions. Let me know if you read it. I'd love to know what you think!

Photobucket

post signature

13 comments:

Lorie said...

This card is adorable Sarah! And, I read the book as well as several of my Bible study friends and we ALL enjoyed it!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

I absolutely loved the book! I thought it was a really interesting take on the Trinity and I loved every bit of it. It is sure to plant a lot of seeds!

Kirstin said...

I read Secret Life of Bees and Poisonwood Bible...both recommended by Oprah, and possibly the two WORST books I've ever read. Therefore, I've sworn off "O" recommendations. But, I'm glad you liked it.

Pat's little corner of the world said...

Sarah,
I'm sorry I have not been on your blog for awhile...we have been so busy and I have been sick...but, I just went back and looked at all your wonderful cards...great But they always are...
Big sis

Sparkplug17 said...

I love those ants. Your card is perfect!

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness! This is a GREAT card! The paper is perfect and those ants just add to it. Cute!

Christi Flores said...

OMG what an adorable card!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, Sarah -- I like how you turned the sketch on its side, and those ants marching along. Thanks for the book recommendation, too -- I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds like a great read.

Jodi said...

I love your card!! It reminds me of Summer picnics at the beach or the park! Very cute!
hugs,
Jodi=)

Holly Young said...

So darling Sarah! I love the ants being angled in different directions and the double ribbon on the bow! I read The Shack and enjoyed it a lot. I'm listening to Jodi Picoult Handle With Care right now, and I'd recommend it as your next read!

Kristine said...

Super cute PICNIC card Sarah! :)

I got the book for Christmas and only read the preface...I WILL get it read one of these days if I can sit still long enough to read it :)

Terry said...

Cute card! I liked the book too. I may not have agreed with everything 100% but it gave me a new way to think about my relationship with Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit.

Marisa said...

I totally loved this book!! It was a great way to look at my own life and see how God, Jesus and the HS can work in it. I loved the part where the HS made him tear up a gorgeous part of the garden and then planted it with something new that was even better. If you get all caught up in the way the trinity is portrayed, you will miss the ways God can touch your life through this book.

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips