Monday, May 4, 2009

More Changito


Here is another fun card I whipped up using Changito the Baker by Stampendous, from i {heart} papers. This would be such an easy card to mass produce - perfect for a swap, or a gift set! The ribbon is also from IHP, and can be found HERE. It's hard to see in the picture, but I also used Star Dust Stickles on the candle flames at the bottom of the card, and Angel Wings Shimmerz on all of Changito's pink accessories. I also globbed a little bit of stickles on the end of his spoon to make it look like he was whipping up something yummy!

I also have to take a minute to talk books. The last time I posted about a book was when I finished the Twilight series, and I'm on my third book now since I finished that! Once I finished that series, I moved on to this book, The Widow Of The South, by Robert Hicks.


Although it is a fictional novel, it's based on the true story of a woman named Carrie McGavock who lived in Franklin, TN during the Civil War. The story revolves around her house being used as a hospital during the battle in Franklin, and details the work she did to preserve the bodies of the fallen men, contacting their families to let them know where the boys were, etc. It really is quite fascinating, if you are interested in that era of history like I am. Her home, Carnton, is still standing as a historic plantation in TN. I would love to visit it some day. I've been to TN so many times... I wish I'd known about this a few years ago. I guess I'll just have to make another trip!

That's all for now. I'll write about the book I read after Widow in my next post. :o)

Enjoy the day!

Photobucket

post signature

9 comments:

Danni said...

What a fun card!! Oh so sweet!

Maria said...

Okay, that monkey is so darn cute!! He is a silly monkey! LOL! Love the pretty colors of your card!

Hey, thanks for the book recommendation!! Keep them coming!!

Maria

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Such a cute card! Ya know, when I look at just the set, it doesn't jump out at me. But when I see the stuff you make with it, it makes me want to buy it! It's definitely going on my next order. Thanks for the enabling!

Lynn Put said...

Super cute! Love the pink and fun touches with the buttons and glitter!

Gina Lindsay said...

I really need that stamp set! Love all his sparkles!

Thanks for the book recommendations too! I am always looking for something new to read. I will definitely have to look for this one since I live very close to there. I have been to the plantation before, taking kids on a field trip. If you come to Tennessee you will have to give me a call!

Sandy said...

Oh, how cute it that! I love how fun the card is with the images and colors.

Jodi said...

Such a sweet card! Love the pink of course. The ribbon is perfect too!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Sue from Oregon said...

What a great stamp to have! Would make darling tags for bags of cookies! (you know me and cookies LOL) Wonderful card. That book sounds really good too. I dont know where you find the time girl!

Janna said...

Sounds like an interesting book. My mom's side of the family is from Tennessee so she might enjoy it as well! thanks for sharing!

Your card though is the cutest! I adore the cupcakes at the bottom and the buttons and ribbon you incorporated! Adorable touches and your coloring is absolutely beautiful!

Smiles,
janna

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips