Thursday, July 12, 2007

Puppy Chow!


...For humans, of course! ;) This is fast becoming one of my favorite treats and I finally found an AWESOME recipe so I thought I'd share it here. Some of the versions I've had have just been too (almost sickeningly) sweet. This recipe calls for a little vanilla to be added to the chocolate mixture, and I think that helps to cut the sweetness a bit. I also used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate which I'm sure makes a difference as well. It's definitely a hit!!

CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW

9 cups Rice Chex
1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer semi-sweet)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar

1) Pour powdered sugar into paper grocery sack.
2) Put cereal in large bowl.
3) Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4) Pour chocolate mixture over Chex cereal, and stir to coat all cereal as much as possible.
5) Pour cereal mixture into your grocery sack (see step 1), roll the top down a few times and shake to coat.
6.) Spread mixture evenly on wax paper (I used parchment paper, which works just as well) and allow to cool (shown in picture above).

post signature

No comments:

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips