Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Welcome Home, Jenn!



One of my bff's, Jenn, moved back to the area this weekend after completing the majority of her Master's degree work at UW Milwaukee. It will be nice to have her nearby again.

I found this God awful picture while I was looking for a Mother's day pic to post on Sunday and thought I would post it in her honor. That's her there on the left, my great-grandma in the middle, and my Mom on the right (thank goodness Mom doesn't have a computer, or she'd KILL me!). Doesn't everyone look thrilled?? LOL!

The pic was taken about twelve years ago. The four of us had decided to go for a ride to "look for Amish people" (seriously, who does that?). On the way back home, when we were about 20 miles out, the car broke down. So there we were, stranded on the side of the (state) highway, waiting for my grandparents to come and rescue us.

And as I'm typing this, I'm recalling another time that Jenn and I were stranded on the side of the highway out of gas.... I'm looking forward to our good times not having to be so few and far between in the future.

Welcome home Jenn, and congrats on your degree & job!

post signature

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

HeeHeee....I looked at this picture and my first thought was how did you get a picture of my mother???? My mom had a shirt exactly like the one your Great grandma is wearing and the way she stands is just like you great grandma is and their hair is about the same...you sure you are not a long lost relative? Oh that's right 13 years ago my mom was still living in FL with my dad!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips