Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Never Forget...


I made this card for one of my oldest and dearest friends. We met in middle school. We were not fond of each other at all, and one day we were forced to be partners in math class in 7th grade. Long story short, we became the best of friends almost overnight and were inseparable throughout the rest of middle school. We grew apart a little in high school because our schedules were so different, but we still remained close, standing up in each others weddings, etc. Anyhow, she has been going through some hard times lately, and I just wanted to send a note to let her know I'm thinking of her. Even though we don't see each other or chit chat as often as we once did, she still has a place in my heart. After all, old friends are the best friends, right?!

Isn't this a funky layout? I adapted it from one I found in the current SU! catty. I wish I could remember what page it was on (in case you haven't noticed, my computer and stamp area are not near each other!). I just thought it was different, so I had to try it! The circles are cut with my nesties, and then I used my 1/16" circle punch to hand punch all of the piercings around the edge. That darker circle is Forest Foliage. It looks much darker in my photo than in real life for some reason.

About yesterday's card... I had a few people leave comments saying they'd like more info on the stamps I used. The church is by PSX, and is item #K-1912 from 1999. The sentiment is by Stampendous, and is #H031, titled "Difficult Times" from 1998. Despite the age, I just bought that second one about three months ago at my LSS. The church has been in my collection for quite some time.

Details:
Stamps: Hang in There, Canvas, Print Pattern (all Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Adirondak Pitch Black, Pale Plum, Certainly Celery
Paper: Certainly Celery, Pale Plum, Whisper White, Forest Foliage
Other: Copic Markers, Wide Purple Organdy Ribbon (Unknown), White Gel Pen

post signature

10 comments:

Lorie said...

What a wonderful friend you are! I love the card!

Jennifer Love said...

Oh this is so pretty!

Rach said...

fabulous card, what a thoughtful friend you are to have...hugs rachxx

Kimmie said...

I'm totally lovin that background!

Lorraine said...

great card Sarah. don't you just love making those holes with that punch? this is a fun card, and your friend is going to love it! tfs

Holly Young said...

Great card Sarah! I like how you added color to the words.
I moved so much as a kid that it was hard for me to keep friends from way back, but I'm still living where I moved to when I started high school, and still have two great friends from there. The funny thing is they can't stand each other!

Kim said...

Great layout! And your colors are wonderful together! You are right that those friends are the best friends even if you don't keep in contact all of the time! :) You are so sweet to drop her a little note!
Hugs~ Kim

Dani said...

Fabulous job! Your friend is sure to love it. You rock. :)

Christi Flores said...

Your friend will love this! Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, Every time I check out your blog I get stuck here for at least half an hour just looking. All of your work is so darn great I love it. Please take the time to visit my blog because you have been tagged. I also have blog candy ging on right now if you are interested.
Cheri

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips