Thursday, September 18, 2008

When There Are No Words


You know, sometimes there just are no words that can be said. And when there are no words, a simple "I'm praying for you" will do wonders. I'm sure you've been in situations like this, and know what I'm talking about. Sometimes you just need to turn it over and let Him handle it.

This is the first time I've ever layered background stamps, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the result. The Print Pattern and Script backgrounds work so nicely together. I started by inking my Print Pattern stamp with really rust, then I stamped it off onto scratch paper twice before stamping it onto the cardstock so that the image was very (very!) light. Then I inked the Script stamp in the same color and stamped it off once so it was just a little darker.

About that script stamp... Deb P., Jenn S., read the words. ;o) Go ahead, take a minute.

Hee hee. Bring back any memories?

To the rest of my readers, the words are to an Irish blessing that we sang at our high school graduation (though I'm fairly certain none of us are Irish). I'm going by memory, but it basically says, "May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. May the rain fall soft upon your fields, and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand." And you have to know I was singing it in my head as I typed that. :o)

ANYHOW!!! Once the two backgrounds were on, I stamped the leaf image with my Versamark pad and added gold embossing powder, followed by a heat set. I also sponged the edges with Really Rust. Now that it's done I wish I'd have stamped the leaf straight up and down instead of at an angle, but seriously... how minor is that? This is how I pick apart my work! Oye.

I missed posting yesterday because my life kind of fell apart. I had a little break down from a lack of sleep and ended up calling the ped's office in tears. They got us in right away and it looks like Jack has reflux, and that is what has been causing all of his night wakings and fussiness. He's been on Zantac for two days now and is like a totally different baby. It's insane (but in a good way). Anyhow, I hope this new increase in sleep for me means an increase in mojo because I have been feeling like my cards have been lacking something lately. Whatever it is, I hope it comes back soon!

I'm also so behind on my blog hopping. I haven't even looked at my reader in two or three days, and have about 50 unanswered emails to work on starting tomorrow. I'll get caught up eventually, right?

Details:
Stamps: Autumn, Print Pattern, Script (all three Stampin' Up!), sentiment (??)
Ink: Really Rust, Versamark
Paper: Very Vanilla, Really Rust, Mellow Moss
Other: Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Ticket Corner Punch, Mellow Moss Grosgrain Ribbon, Copper Cord

post signature

10 comments:

Holly Young said...

Hey Sarah. I'm sorry that things have been rough for you lately. My best friend's granddaughter was just diagnosed with acid reflux too. That seems so young for that doesn't it? Anyway, I'm glad you know what's up now.
About your card; the background patterns are perfect and I personally like the leaf at an angle better than I think I'd like it straight up and down. Maybe you need to make another your way and see!

Lorraine said...

I so need this background stamps. two people i know were recently diagnosed with inoperable cancer. I just don't know what to say to them
you card is so beautiful

Debby said...

Sarah this card is really beautiful. I'm glad Jack is doing better. After a few days of good sleep like will be great again!

Emily said...

This is beautiful! I love the double backgrounds. So pretty!

Lorie said...

Oh, gosh Sarah! This is SO pretty! I'm glad you've figured out something with Jack...now you'll both be in a better mood! :o)

Kim said...

Stunning card, and I love the script saying! It's beautiful! Sorry to hear about your little guy! Hope he is doing better!
Hugs~ Kim

Christi Flores said...

I love how you did the background!! What an awesome idea!! I'm glad to hear that your little man is doing better. :)

Dani said...

Awww, Sarah! I'm sorry about the reflux. Both my boys had it as babies. Even now at 3 Owen still has some issues. If you need a "reflux" hug, let me know. I'm here for ya!

Your card is beautiful! Gorgeous. :)

Catherine said...

this is such a pretty card, and i hope your son will feel better soon =)

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a stunning card! Great job (:

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips