Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dream Big!



Is this not the cutest owl ever? Her name is Olivia, and you can find her over at Sweet n' Sassy Stamps. There are a few different sets with/for her, so be sure to check them all out! I think she's adorable.

To make this card, I stamped the branch on one piece of paper, and the owl on a different one. Then I cut the owl out and mounted it over the branch on dimensionals. I also added a little crystal effects to her beak and claws (I almost typed "toes"..lol!). Both of the DP's are from Basic Grey. I added a yellow dew drop to the center of the flower, and used more of them to create a little silhouette of a moon over her shoulder. I thought that was pretty clever, but maybe it's just me. :o)

We have a release party and a blog hop coming up for SNSS, too. It starts tomorrow, but I take my turn on Thursday. You'll find more details in my sidebar on that. Korin has some super cute new stamps coming out, so be sure to take a look at all the DT blogs over the next few days.

Finally, I have to share a recipe. I made one of our favorites last night: Beef Taco Bake. It's a Tastefully Simple recipe, and their Corn & Black Bean salsa is one of the main ingredients in the dish. It's soooo good! If you've never ordered from TS, I would highly recommend it! And if you don't already have a consultant that you work with, remember our blogger friend Lorie Ames is one! She didn't ask me to post this, I just thought I'd mention it. Trust me, she'll be surprised when she reads this. :o)

Enjoy the day!
Sarah

post signature

15 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Mmmm...love TS! In fact my latest order should be here this week. I had to order some of the winter stuff before it disappeared. YUM!!!!!

Cute card too! :)

Christi Flores said...

OMG this is so sweet!!!

Chrissy D said...

This is FABULOUS Sarah! Love your choice of DP and the Dew drops!!! Congratulations on your weight loss too! WOOHOO

Cindy Lawrence said...

Super-cute card, Sarah!!! Love the Dew Drop "moon"...very clever, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this Sarah!!!

Emily said...

Totally cute! I love that owl! Great layout! Love your dew drop moon too. Definitely clever!

Janna said...

Sarah this is adorable!!! I love the sleeping owl and the moon over the shoulder! Great job of creating dimension!

Smiles,
janna

Jeanette said...

This is super sweet! Very clever way to do the moon! TFS! Hugs Jeanette

Ann said...

She is TOO cute! I love those bg papers, too!

Dani said...

ADORABLE! I love the dew drops. Perfect! :)

Sandy said...

This is super cute and I love the clear dew drops. The colors are great! Cute card!!!

Lorie said...

Awww...that is SO sweet! I just love it all!

Holly Young said...

Sarah how precious! I love how you used the dew drops and the little flower placement is perfect! Adorable owl image! I really like your paper choice too!

Tindaloo said...

Soooo cute! Love the colors u have used. This owlstamp I just have to get for myself :)

Debby said...

Ah! I love this card and that owl is cute! and I love TS and I love that Salsa and I am totally going to cook this. Now I have to decide chicken or beef tomorrow. Wonder if the taco bake would work with chicken. hmmmm....... Do you rinse your beef? I do. drains a lot of the fat right outta there.

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips