Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-In #5



Well, I have to be honest... this weight loss thing is getting old. LOL! Seriously, it is so much easier to just be over weight and eat what you want, and not deal with the guilt of bad decisions. This reminds me of a quote that one of the gals I chat with on the Toddler Mom thread on SCS has in her signature. It reads, "It's HARD to be overweight. It's HARD to lose weight. It's HARD to maintain weight loss. You just have to pick your hard!" And really, it's so true. All of these things are hard, but for very different reasons.

I've lost 2 cubes of butter this week. *sigh* That's only a half of a pound, but it's still something. The good news is that I've done a good job of exercising almost daily, and therefore my water intake is up where it should be as well (I drink more water when I'm exercising). With this .5, my totall weight loss is 12 lbs in just over a month. When I look at it that way, it sounds pretty good actually. It's just when I think about working out all week only to lose a half pound that I get a little discouraged.

Before I go, I want to share a website with you. Are you familiar with Dottie's Weight Loss Zone? It's primarily for people who are doing Weight Watchers, but the information is beneficial for everyone really. Although I'm not keeping track of points, I do use the information on Dottie's site to gauge what foods are better choice than others, especially at restaurants (she has a HUGE list of restaurants, all broken down with meal options and point values). Check it out!

So, how are you doing? Are you still with me? I've noticed that the comments on my Wednesday Weigh-in posts have declined since we started this five weeks ago. Are you still losing? Or do you feel like you've fallen off the wagon, much like my good friend Jenn who left this comment on last week's post (LOL!):


Leave me a comment and let me know how you're doing, and hang in there!


Sarah

post signature

13 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Girl- I totally feel your pain! I have been so sick this week, I haven't even weighed myself. UGH. I feel like a failure because I haven't had the energy to think about it - I agree this is getting old! LOL You are doing great though! Keep your chin up and keep on LOSING!! You can DO IT!

Janna said...

This is great! A half a pound is still weight loss and that is the ultimate goal! You are also establishing healthy routines for yourself and that is good too!

Smiles,
janna

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh please put this is perspective Sarah....12 lbs in 5 weeks is so amazing and really more than normal, so can I say you are not normal LOL...Be realistic, eat but don't deny everything and shoot for a realistic 5-7 lbs a month...it will stay off that way...I have been there...go to the fridge and pick up 2 cubes and think about how much that really is! You didn't put this on in a month, and you shouldn't lose it in a month...take you time and don't be so strick you sabotage yourself! I always told myself I could have a Peanut Butter parfait from Dairy Queen if I wanted (19 points) but that would be all I could eat all day! LOL I never did it, but I knew I could if I wanted! Be patient...I am here to cheerlead!

Lisa Foster said...

Congrats Sarah! That's fantastic! 12 pounds is great! Good for you with the exercising too...don't give up! You know muscle weighs more than fat!
I am ashamed to say this, but Saturday, I was really upset because my Mom left to go home...well when my DH left and I was alone, I ate and entire BAG of fun size candy bars. I just can't seem to get my eating under control these last couple of weeks...but I'm going back to work on the 23rd, so I'm hoping that will help because I won't be able to eat when I want...I just have NO willpower. UGHHH!!!

Terry said...

I have been following your blog but haven't posted anything until now. I have lost 14lbs in 6 weeks and have been excercising like crazy so I know that I've also gained atleast a couple lbs of muscle. Have you heard of Sparkpeople.com? I love it. They send me daily emails with helpful information and I can use it to track all my food and excercise. Keep it up! It is worth it!

Dani said...

Ugh. I'm so far off the wagon, I can't even see it anymore. It left me behind about 2 towns ago. But I'm still where I was. I haven't gained any of it back. Now if I could just figure out a good way to exercise. It's been too cold to walk and I cant walk on a treadmill. I tend to trip. A lot. So, I'll keep trying. Trying to make good decisions one at a time. :)

JenN said...

First of all, go you on the 12 pounds!!! I have lost 2, the same 2 I have lost and gained over the last 4 weeks. I'm pretty sure the hectic school schedule is helping a little bit in the "not shoving everything into my mouth that's not nailed down" area of things. It's also more walking then I've done since God was a boy. The treadmill is all fixed and I've been on it once, and will be again tonight. Jon and I are planning on doing Weight Watchers, but I haven't decided if I want to do it online or in person. A friend of mine is a group leader in Oshkosh, so I might go that route. I'll have to check out that blog you mentioned. Ta Ta!

Anonymous said...

Sarah...I am sooo proud of you! I have lost a total of 8lbs. It really is hard...because the cookies & cupcakes look and taste so much better than the fruits & veggies. I have been drinking so much water that I feel like a lake. Best of luck to all of us.

Pat's little corner of the world said...

Well now that I'm not sick any more I will let you know that the week I was sick I lost 7lbs...I did not weight in here because I knew it would come back on...but I realy watched it and I can say that only 3lbs came back on...so I have lost 4lbs this time****YEA****
I would send you more recipes but no one was trying them and it is a lot of typing for me with my arm...
Your big sister

scrappinfox said...

Hi Sarah,

I've been lurking - this is my first weigh- in. Congrats on 12 pounds. That's truly inspiring. I've only lost 3 pounds so far, but it's a start. Keep up the good work!
L

Becky Carafa said...

Congrats on your progress, keep up the good work!
I've been plugging along with still no results, so I haven't checked in. I was talking with my SIL and she said it took her body 3 months to accept what she was doing. Gosh, I hope I don't have to wait that long.

Debby said...

Listen to me. You are doing fine. And from what I gather, you do a bit more weights then aerobics or cardio. That's good. So muscle weighs more then fat. What you need to do in addition to the scale, and perhaps more so then the scale is start measuring inches. The scale may not go down much but the inches tell a different story. Trust me. I spent over 20 years studying the mechanisms of fat loss and taught aerobics and became a personal trainter and you need a tape measure and a notebook. Maybe forget that darn scale for a bit. Do you hear me?

Debby said...

And. To any of your readers that want some of my old VHS exercise tapes, still effective, just boring to me. Email me your addy and I will ship some off. Does anyone have a VHS anymore? A lot are the Firm. Old and new. Or better yet ;-) Visit my blog and leave a lovely comment with your contact info. I'm not getting anything here. Just wanna share.

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips