Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tart-y Wishes

My aunt had a birthday in early July, and though I made a super cute card for her well before her big day (this one, to be exact) it seems I never got the dang thing in the mail (or even made out and into an envie for that matter). Argh. SO! Now I get to make a belated card, nearly a month later! The good news is that they (aunt and uncle) will be here for a visit this month, so I will have no excuses this time! Honestly, I'm sure I could think of one if I really tried but let's not go there. *wink*

Anyhow, I made her this little gift set. Here's the card:

How do you like that button over the cherry? I thought that was kind of clever, but it's hard to catch in the pic. I used some SU rub-ons on the base of the card (first time for me, and I have to say I'm not a fan) to help fill the corner space, then layered the Tart n' Tangy DP over Real Red CS and did the same with the main image.

Here's the back of the tin (from the Target $ Spot, by the way!):


And here's the front of the tin:


This lemon stamp is from the Tart n' Tangy set by SU (it was in the Occasions Mini, but I have it on good authority that it is also in the new catty that comes out soon if you really want it but didn't get it). I added some dazzling diamonds to the lemon that is popped up and then stuck a yellow "Fire" (SU!) gemstone brad in the center. The whole thing is adhered to the tin with ModPodge.

I started with the tin, and used Yoyo Yellow and Brilliant Blue to match the colors of the Lemonhead brand. Then when I moved onto the card I was at a loss because I really couldn't get the blue to jive with the mice. I pulled it in a little on the ground, but to me it kind of looks like they're floating now with lemon shaped buoys. hee hee. Had I started with the card, I probably would have incorporated some cherries into the tin.

Thanks for all of your input yesterday on stamp cleaners. I do have the Judikins StazOn cleaner and MAN does that stuff STINK! It smells like paint thinner to me. I was at Hobby Lobby tonight (where all stamps are currently 50% off, by the way) and saw that Ranger sells a bubblegum scented mist. lol! That could get old too, but it's better than thinner! I didn't buy any though. I want to use up the stuff I have before I go investing in more.

Today's question is.... do you know of any good sales going on online right now for stamps? Not that I need stamps, mind you, but I do love a good sale!

OH!!! And!!! I can't believe I almost forgot to tell you! Remember this card that I made for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge last week? Well, Taylor picked me to be this week's Featured Cupcake Sampler because of it! Woot! I have next week's challenge in my hands already and have to get my creation to her by Thursday night so she can post it on her blog Friday. Stay tuned!

Card Details:
Stamps: House Mouse (Stampa Rosa)
Ink: Adirondak Pitch Black
Paper: Bliss Blue, Real Red, Tart n' Tangy DP, Whisper White
Other: SU! Rub-Ons, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Red Button (Stampin' Up!), Copic Markers

Tin Details:
Stamps: Tart n' Tangy (Stampin' Up!), Sentiment (Stampa Rosa)
Ink: Yoyo Yellow, Basic Black
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow, Whisper White
Other: Fire Brad, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Yellow stitched ribbon, candy-filled dollar spot tin

post signature

11 comments:

Holly Young said...

Sarah, I like the card you made first for your aunt a lot, but the tarty one is wonderful! Your coloring is awesome and I love the little button for the cherry! LOL! It almost makes me want to deliberately miss someone's birthday so I can send a "tarty" card! I do so love puns! I'm curious as to why you don't like the rub ons - can you elaborate?
And congratulations girl on being picked by Taylor! That's fantastic!

Unknown said...

Aww, how sweet is this??? Adorable!!!

~ j said...

what a clever idea!

Dani said...

Super cute! I'm going to have to save this idea, because it's only a matter of time before I forget someones bday!

Congrats on being featured! That is so awesome, way to go!

Christi Flores said...

This is super cute!! I saw that on Taylor's blog and was like OMG Sarah!! Woohoo! Congrats sweetie-it was totally deserved!

Kristine said...

WAAAAY AWESOME, Sarah!! Congrats on winning Taylor's challenge!! LOVE your lemony tin and card. I didn't think they were floating with bouyies at all =) Very cute and I love the idea of using a tin. Hmmm, wonder what went inside--did you make her a set of notecards? Or was it actually the lemonheads?

Lorie said...

All I can say is WOW! Good job on everything...the card is adorable, the tin is fantastic and you won Taylor's challenge...NEATO! You 'da bomb baby!

Courtney said...

Woot, woot! Yay, Sarah!

Ok, am I missing something? Where did you get the tart-y stamp set???

Cassie_lu said...

what cute goodies you made

Unknown said...

That card is adorable and your coloring is fantastic!

Catherine said...

very cute. your card and your little tin...just perfect =)

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips