Monday, August 11, 2008

Two Little Monkeys

The other day one of my girlfriends brought over Henry's birthday gift and Jack's new baby gift. She bought Henry a huge book of stories and got two super cute frog outfits for Jack. :o) I needed to make a thank you card for her, and this is the card I came up with (I don't think she reads my blog regularly, so let's hope I'm right!).

Here is the front:


And here is the (handwritten) inside:



Cute, right? I absolutely love this Circus Train set, but did I buy it before it retired? Nooooo. Why would I? I did, however, manage to score it on the BST forum on Splitcoast, so that was exciting! This is the first time I've used it. My summer sister Lorie sent me a short stack of DP, and that train paper was in the mix. I knew as soon as I saw it that it would go great with set. I goofed a little on the front where I made my period look like a comma (thanks to a sneeze - lol!), but oh well. She'll still love it! What do you think?

Details:
Stamps: Circus Train (Stampin' Up!), Many Thanks (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, Close to Cocoa (pad and marker)
Paper: Close to Cocoa, DCWV Glitter Stack (pretty sure anyhow - it was a gift)
Other: Tarnished brads, Copic Markers, Black Stickles

post signature

17 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh this is just too cute! I love the monkeys... and your handwriting is so neat!

Christi Flores said...

How cute!!! You have awesome handwriting btw! :)

Kristine said...

=) LOVE IT!! I also have that cute dp but no stamps to go with it? Oh well. I do have some small cuttlebug dies and one is a monkey--will have to "monkey around" with some ideas. :) Great card.

Dani said...

Ack! That is adorable! And look at your handwriting! You rock! :)

Holly Young said...

ditto all of the above comments Sarah!

Ila said...

This is just Toot Cute!! and Fabulous to boot!!

Jennifer Love said...

SUPER SUPER cute! Love the colors....great job!

Catherine said...

very cute! and your coloring is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

well, you should know i love it...and i'm still jealous you got this set.......

Unknown said...

This is super cute Sarah!!!

Cris A said...

I love that set too. But as my boys get older, I have less use for it, until I see an adorable card like this!

~ j said...

so cute! i love that paper and that set :)

Jean said...

I couldn't write that neatly if you threatened me with bodily harm! Very cute card.

Kim said...

Very cute card! And your handwriting is AWESOME!
Hugs~ Kim

Lorie said...

Oh. My. Gosh! This is absolutely adorable! Yes, the paper is from DCWV but is the KIDS pack. You rock girlie!

Unknown said...

That is adorable!!

Elizabeth said...

This is so cute!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips