Monday, June 9, 2008

Be Mine and Babies


Isn't that such a cute stamp? It's by Great Impressions, and I found it recently on ebay for such a great price ($2ish) that I couldn't resist! And of course as soon as it arrived I had to make a quick card with it to stash away for Valentine's day.

I did a partial Cuttlebug emboss on the background (which made me long for a Scor-Pal *sigh*). I also cut a second giraffe image out and adhered it over the original stamped image. The bottom of his neck is glued on flat, and his head is lifted with a Stampin' Dimensional. It helps to give it a little more dimension. Looking at it now, I wish I had put a layer of the darker plum behind the pink background... maybe next time.

Details:
Stamps: Great Impressions Giraffe
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Positively Pink (?), Barely Banana, Whisper White
Other: Stampin' Dimensional, Copics, SU Marker (on hearts and letters), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Narrow White Organdy Ribbon

And for those of you who come here for family updates more so than my crafty musings, here are some recent pictures of my babies (one of which is fast becoming a "big boy" *sniff, sniff*).

Click to play Life in General

Last but not least, there's an opportunity to win some blog candy over at Ella Bella's! Check it out!

Enjoy the day!

post signature

6 comments:

Lorie said...

Adorable card and wonderful pictures!

IH Girl said...

Love this card, it is so very cute

Swamp Tulip said...

ADORABLE! I just love this little giraffe. So cute.

Teresa

aileen said...

how cutie! I love this card and the giraffe is adorable!

Kristine said...

That giraffe stamp is SO cute! Lucky you!
The card looks lovely!
Hugs from Kristine, Norway ;)

Pam's Pride said...

Adorable giraffe card! Cute pics!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips