Saturday, June 28, 2008

Need a Break?


Wanna hear a funny story? ;o) Ok, here goes. Remember wayyy back when Bella's were the hot new thing? I mean *really* new. Well, I decided to place an order back then. I bought 4-5 bella's, and was so disappointed when I got them because I thought they were supposed to be wood mounted. I didn't realize they were unmounted stamps, and at the time I was not a fan of the unmounted stamp (oh how times have changed!). I traded some away and kept some, not sure if I'd ever use them. Grumpabella was one that I traded away, but before I did I stamped one image of it - this image. Then when I got my Copics, it was one of the first images I colored as a sort of test subject. The other day, I finally decided to make her into a card. Talk about a work in progress!

I got the idea for this card from a card I saw on page 40 of the current Stamp it! magazine by Paper Crafts. I used the same sketch and similar colors as that card (by Debbie Olson), but different stamps. It's a very simple design, but I think it's cute.

I recently ordered some more bella stamps, and am getting ready to place yet another order now to take advantage of the free shipping offer. Grumpabella is on that order. *sigh* It's all about the hindsight.

Details:
Stamps: Grumpabella, SU! Espresso Yourself (sentiment, coffee beans)
Ink: Sky Blue, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Whisper White, Sky Blue, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Copic markers, Non-SU Chocolate ribbon, Keytag Punch

post signature

10 comments:

Lorie said...

I really like the simplicity of this card. Oh, and she looks like me in the morning...I wish! :o)

katiesniche said...

Very cute! Love the beans down the side. She may look grumpy, but she made me smile :)

Jennifer Love said...

Great card! Bella images are so much fun...I way need more. LOL!

Lori Barnett said...

HA! I remember when it only took a few minutes to look at the Bella Website and see all she had...now it's like a HUGE selection!! :) Bet you never get rid of anything ever again! LOL

Chrissy said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. That card IS the bella card for your swap! :-) Chrissy

Holly Young said...

Really cute card. I like the way you did the coffee beans down the side. I've traded or given away stamps before I never thought I'd use and then been looking and looking for that stamp that I know I have! LOL!
Holly

Anonymous said...

This is just darling!! Love that grumpabella!! This is so me in the morning!! :) TFS!

Kim's Life said...

Beautiful card!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is really cute and I like that story. :)

Katie Skiff said...

Great idea!! I never thought to use the coffee theme with her. Thanks for the tipster!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips