Saturday, June 14, 2008

Flooding in Oshkosh - The Day After

Here are some more flood pictures. These were taken Friday, a good twelve hours after the storms had passed. The picture below is of the parking lot between Stein's and the Cinema. Stein's was obviously flooded, though I drove by the area today and they were open for business so it couldn't have been *too* bad.



Here is a tree in North Park, just a few blocks from my house. I'm guessing it was hit by lightning given the break and the fact that there was no other substantial wind damage in the area.



The next two pictures are of Koeller Rd. The road was flooded from the old Rocky Rococo's building (not sure what's in it now - AT&T? Cingular? I never really paid any attention) OH!! Starbucks occupies half of it. It's all coming back to me. ;o) lol. Doh. Anyhow, the water went from there North around that bend towards 9th Ave.


I don't have any pictures of it, but I guess Lourdes High School is flooded as well. They showed the school on the news, and they had about four feet of water in the basement. Apparently the water accumulated in the parking lot and pushed the basement windows in. They lost everything in four class rooms and their sports equipment room.

I'd like to say we'll be rain free for a few days, but it looks like we could get more today or tomorrow. Thankfully they won't be as strong, but still at this point I don't think it will take much to flood the town again. Everything is saturated.

Here's a news story with a video link about the damage in Oshkosh:

Extensive Damage to Oshkosh Homes

Stay dry!

post signature

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips