Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ter.RUFF.ic!


Here's Henry's birthday card! Of course it had to have a doggy on it, and isn't this little dog by Whipper Snapper the cutest thing EVER?! I just fell in love with the image when I saw it, and I knew it had to be mine. The sentiment is from the CTMH Puppy Love set that I used on the party invitation a few posts back. This is also my first card using dew drops. I just bought a bottle from Ellen Hutson and I LOVE them! OMG. Why did I wait so long?! I only bought one bottle (Poinsettia - clear, pinkish red, olive, pale yellow) but I'm sure there will be more in my future! And how do you like my photo? I'm still playing around with pictures. I kind of like how well the card stands out on the white background though.

I couldn't figure out what sentiment to put in side the card, so I decided to go with a handwritten note instead. It won't mean a thing to him today, but hopefully some day he'll look back at it and it will make him smile the same way he makes us smile today. I can't believe my baby is two years old! *sniff, sniff*

Details:
Stamps: Whipper Snapper dog, CTMH sentiment
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey DP
Other: Copics, Poinsettia Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest)

post signature

8 comments:

Lorie said...

Awww...that is just an adorable card! Like you said...he won't care but everyone else will love it! Great job!

Mary Dawn said...

that is very cute, i love the whipper snapper images, they're so cute and round and kid friendly

Valorie said...

That turned out very cute. You are so creative! He'll love it!

Helen said...

What a gorgeous card! Fab colouring!

Holly Young said...

so cute Sarah! You did a reat job coloring and I love the paper you chose!

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!
I may have to hunt that doggie stamp down!!

Lorraine said...

This is so cute. Love the puppy. great job on the card. Enjoy your baby. They grow up way too fast!

Nicole said...

Cute card! Great coloring, too!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips