Sunday, January 18, 2009

Aloha



It has been about 75 degrees below zero here for three days now, so I was compelled to make this lovely tropical card as a means of revolting against mother nature. :) I used the current TECC #51 (woot! I'm caught up!) as my layout. The stamp is from the new Pink Cat Studio set called Kiki Kitty. I am loving that cat to pieces. And I love that I took the easy way out and made her mostly white on this card. Talk about a quick coloring job! I added some stardust stickles over the grass skirt, and voila! A cute little greeting card for some lucky stiff who gets to go to Hawaii without me. hee hee.

Speaking of Taylor and her Cupcake Challenges, wait until you see what she has in store for you next week to mark the one year anniversary of the TECC's! That's all I'm sayin'... ;o)

Sarah

post signature

16 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is too cute Sarah, I love the little patch of colour round her eye and hers glittery skirt.. so pretty, Hugs, Nikki x

Kelly said...

Wowie! I love this one! Love the colors, the flowers, the "bling". Super cute!
Two enthusiastic Thumbs Up!

Christi Flores said...

OMG how cute!! Love those flowers!!!

Christi Flores said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

So adorable Sarah! I love it! She looks fabulous white w/ bright! Your card brings back great memories for me because Patrick and I spent the first 4 years of our marriage stationed in Hawaii! I actually took hula lessons the entire time! Loved it! Of course, that was a long time ago! ;)

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE! THis is soooo cute! LOVE IT!!!
~Heidi

Dani said...

For Cute! This kitty is starting to get to me, and not in the itchy eyes, stuffy nose kind of get to me that normally comes with cats. But the oh my word, how stinkin' cute is this kitty sort of way. :)

Fab job on the card, love it!

Janna said...

Sarah, this is so cute!!! I am love the little patch over her eye!! and OMG!!! Stay warm and be careful!!

Smiles,
janna

Anonymous said...

The colors on your card are perfect! Your card brightens my day...because it is cold over here in IN. Brrr... Stay warm.

Kim said...

Cute card Sarah! Let's hope that it brings some warmer weather here! I am so sick of the cold too! And the snow can go away too! Bring on summer!
hugs~ Kim

Mandy said...

This is such a cute card! I love the new Kiki Kitty...and your card ROCKS!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

WOW!! i love this card. The colors are great and the paper that you chose goes purrrrfect!

Emily said...

This is so cute Sarah!! That stamp is adorable! Love the piercing and the ribbon!

75 below!! OMG! We were all complaining that it got down to 9 this past weekend, and that's the coldest it's been here in 23 years! I don't know how you stand it!

Holly Young said...

This is so cute Sarah. I love the colors! I'm thinking some fringe would make a cute grass skirt for this kiki.

Vicki G said...

OHHHHH That is SO cute, I love the little ring around her eye!!! Your design is the BEST!

Vicki

Jeanette said...

Awwww...that is so sweet and very tropical looking! Great card! Hugs Jeanette

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips