Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-In #2

Week 2 of the PFP Challenge is over! Woot! How did everyone do? I didn't get a chance to weigh myself this morning, having been woken by my frantic husband telling me the news that water was gushing in from the basement wall. Bah. Anyhow, so I'm going with yesterday's loss, which puts me down another 3.5 lbs for a total of 7.5 lbs so far, or about 26% of my goal. So far, so good. I haven't been as good about doing my exercises this week, but made it through another good week of eating earlier, drinking more water, and not ordering out, so I'm glad for that.

Here is another recipe from my friend, and "big sister" Pat:

Hamburger-Potato casserole

8 ounces ground 90% lean beef or turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups(16-ounce can) cut green beans,rinsed and drained
1(10 3/4-ounce)can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups water
1 1/3 cups (3 ounces)instant potato flakes
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk
1/3 cup(1 1/2 ounces) shredded Kraft reduce-fat cheddar cheese

Oven 350
spray an 8 by 8 backing dish with butter-flavored spray.In large skillet brown meat and onion.Add green beans,mushroom soup,corn,and pepper. Mix well. Pour into baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.Take out while preparing potato flakes. Cook water until boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in potato flakes and dry milk. Mix. Layer potato mixture on top of meat mixture. Lightly spray potatoes with butter-flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes
4 servings

300 calories,8 gm fat,19 gm protein, 38 gm carbohydrate,3 gm fiber
Diabetic: 2 meat,2 starch,1 vegetable
Weight Watchers 6 points

She told me that if everyone is good, she'll share a dessert next week. :) So BE GOOD! hee hee.

Pat (or anyone who knows), is there anything I can substitute for the dry milk? I'd just hate to buy a box for only this, when I know I wouldn't use it for anything else...

So, how is everyone doing this week? I was thinking the other day that if you leave a comment, you can click the link to subscribe to comments via email, and then you can see what everyone else posts as well. Or just check back. Or don't worry about it. LOL. Whatever works!

It sounded like everyone did pretty well last week I hope this was a repeat performance!

Enjoy the day!
Sarah

post signature

9 comments:

JenN said...

Well I lost 2 pounds this week. Not much, but at least it wasn't a gain. The weekends really throw me because of our odd schedules, especially on Sundays, when we don't even get time for dinner until 8:30. Must do better on the exercise front this week, only made it twice last week. Boo.

Pat's little corner of the world said...

Hi all,
Well I lost 2.5lbs this week and I'm very happy with it...that makes me down 4 3/4 ....I don't know what you can use for the dry milk replacement..I know she uses a lot of dry milk in her recipes..remember if your real good this week you will get a yummy desert for next week...
Your big sister
Pat

scrappinfox said...

Hi Sarah,

I've been enjoying your blog, and joined the pound for pound challenge because of it.

This recipe sounds delish. I have a similar recipe, and we just follow the recipe on the back of the box of the instant mashed potatoes (using water, potato flakes, regular milk, and optional butter). You would skip the following steps in your recipe: "Cook water until boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in potato flakes and dry milk. Mix." I make the six-serving size of mashed potatoes for our four-person family, but you can obviously adjust.

If you want to be even more heart-healthy, PM me at SCS (username: ink blot) and I can send you my family's recipe. It'll have a different flavor & texture, but we all absolutely love it.

Maria said...

Whoohoo! congratulations Sarah on your weightloss!! Keep up the great job and I'm sure you'll meet your goals!!

maria

Dani said...

Stayed the same this week. Considering I haven't even tried to be good, I'll take it! LOL! Today's a new week, time to get back in gear!

Becky Carafa said...

Stayed the same AGAIN. Ugh. I did cardio for an hour 5 days, and ate fine.

Kim said...

Keep up the GREAT work Sarah!
Hugs~ Kim

Janna said...

Congratulations Sarah!! This is so exciting!! How wonderful!!

Smiles,
Janna

Kimmie said...

Great work Sarah! I'm down a little over 3lbs this week. Which puts me at 13 lbs gone.

I also got my blue belt in MMA this week!

I've got some great workout links on my blog today if your interested.

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips