Friday, January 30, 2009

Thank God For You

It's day two of the Sweet n' Sassy Stamps blog hop, and that means it's my turn! Woot! I used one of the sentiments from their new set called A True Friend today. I love this set. I'm such a sentiment junkie! I can never get enough sentiments, and love that these are all unique - not things I've seen elsewhere. Oooo... I just noticed that the set is 20% off right now, so if you're thinkin' about adding to your collection, this would be a great time to do it!

The two different DP's (one on the arrow, one on the background) are from Basic Grey's Scarlet's Letter collection. I've had this paper pack for some time and really wasn't too sure about some of the papers in it, but I am loving them for kind of a grunge look like this. How cool is that?!

I stamped the sentiment twice - once on whisper white, and once on creamy caramel, and then tore the white one in half and adhered it to the caramel for a different twist. I hope you like it! The black dots on the sentiment are actually sticky pearls colored black with my 100-black copic, and I have three screwhead brads at the bottom.

I'm the last blog on the hop today, so be sure to pick it up again tomorrow, starting with Christi, then on to Cindy Sandy Janette and back on the SNSS Blog to wrap it up!

Enjoy the day!
Sarah

post signature

23 comments:

Sandy said...

What a neat card! I love how you stamped it twice and tore it. I probably would never get mine to line up so well. BUT, I'm gonna try it out! I LOVE how it looks.

Kimmie said...

I LOVE the funk to this card. And that arrow is super cooL!

Deb said...

Love this Sarah! That torn sentiment is fabulous, and I love the grunge look w/ the screw head brads! What a way to end a 2nd fun, fantastic blog hop day!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, I would have sat there for hours trying to line those to pieces up! That's an interesting look, I really like it.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Great techniques on this card, very creative, Sarah!

You are my last stop for today on the Blog Hop, thanks for the fun! Have a great day!

Lorie said...

That is completely wonderful! I never know what to do with that paper and you did a great job!

Jessica Smith said...

Very pretty I just purchased this set and I love your card.

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous Sarah!!

Ceal said...

beautiful card I am wanting to get this set

Jennifer Love said...

So pretty! I love that idea of the torn paper...might have to steal that one...hehe

Tracey said...

Fantastic Sarah! Love what you did with the sentiment!

Pat Bowman said...

Love the BG paper and your technique for using the two different papers for the sentiment. Way cool!

Dani said...

I love how you did the sentiment! Great job, and that paper is lovely!

Emily said...

Great card Sarah! Love how you did the sentiment with the arrow pointing to it! Great paper! TFS!

Janette said...

very pretty Sarah and so shabby chic looking!

Anonymous said...

What a fun, fresh look -- I wouldn't have thought to use this look for scripture verses, but it works so well -- you have a great eye, Sarah! :-)

Jeanette said...

What a fun idea to do the sentiment! Love your card. It is stunning! Hugs Jeanette

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love it.

Teresa Kline said...

I luv sentiments too....your card is fabulous! btw....your blog hop link on the SNSS blog is not you, it has a last post date of 2005, thought you would want to know....*~*

Catherine said...

hey, Sarah. I missed ya and sure am glad to be back :)

love this!

Janna said...

Sarah this is so cute! I love the collage feel to this card! Wonderful job!

Smiles,
janna

Debby said...

Cool baby! Lots of cool things goin on here. Lovin those brads.

Vicki G said...

Such a lovely card! I missed your blog while I was away!!! Lot's of nice creations to look at today!

Hugs,

Vicki

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips