Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Luv You



Well, it's challenge time girls!! Here are the deets:

LOVE My Pink Cat Stamps – DT Challenge
hosted by Janna Hull

Challenge Description:
Since Valentine's Day is coming up fast, I have a LOVE themed Challenge for you! But this isn't any old love themed challenge, this is a special one! My challenge for you is to create a card or project with at least four elements (you can have more if you would like), but four of your elements have to spell LOVE. For example, you can use Layers, Ovals, Violet, and Embellishments; see spells love. Or you could use Lily, Owls, Very pretty sequins and Emerald brads. Spells love. The possibilities are endless and yes, V can stand for very! Just remember that four of your elements must spell LOVE. Have Fun, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Date the challenge ends:
Tuesday February 10th, 5 pm EST

Requirements:
A Pink Cat Studio stamp must be used as the main stamp on the card or project. It is okay to use stamps from other companies as well. Your entry can be a card or any type of 3D project.To be eligible for the prize you must upload your card before the deadline to your PaperCraftPlanet gallery and include the tag PCSDTC1. You may enter only 1 project for this challenge. If you have questions about this challenge, please post them in the challenge discussion thread in the Pink Cat Studio group on Paper Craft Planet. Here is a link to the group: http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/pinkcatstudiolilyandbillylovers

Prize:
On February 11th, a winner will be chosen by a random draw from all of the challenge participants. The winner will receive a grab bag of Pink Cat Studio stamps. The winner will be announced in the PCP challenge discussion thread and on the Pink Cat Studio blog. Some cards from the challenge will be displayed on the PCS blog and all entries will go into the PCP gallery.

SO! That was the challenge that was issued, and that card up there is my LOVE card. I used the "Luv You" stamp, and Old Olive Paper, on a Valentine's card, with a heat Embossed sentiment! Get it? I thought this would be a cute card for my little guys to give to Grandma for Valentine's day. :)

My card also fits in with this week's Belli Challenge, which was to "make a cake" in celebration of one year of Belli's. You can see more details on Chris's blog, but the jist of it was that we had to choose five ingredients that we would like in our cake, and then each ingredient would be assigned to a card element. My elements were brads, DP, ribbon, scalloped punch, and buttons. What? You don't see the button? It's behind the main image. I swear. *wink* In hindsight, I could have tossed a button up in that top corner, but I just didn't think of it at the time. Be sure to click over to the other Belli girl blogs in my sidebar to see what everyone else came up with!

Now, I have to ask you a question... This is muy importante (yes, I took Spanish, and yes, that's about all I remember). How do y'all organize your unmounted stamps? Because I need a system. I have been keeping all of mine in Sterlite drawers, but I am just getting too many now to keep track of all of them, and I find myself having to empty the drawer completely in order to find anything lately. And then there are my Pink Cat stamps that are on EZ Mount, that just sit in a pile on my desk. What do you do with your EZ Mounted stamps (btw - I LOVE EZ MOUNT!)? What do you cling them to? Help!!


Any thoughts or ideas would be most appreciated!

Sarah

post signature

16 comments:

Mariska said...

Oh I recognize the lack of system in the storage of stamps :), if you find a perfect system let me know!!! Love your cute card, the papers are just gorgeous and gotta LOVE that Billy :)!!!

xxx
Mariska

de said...

I have the same problem as you and I've been on a search myself. So far, I like the Taylored Expressions system... it's a little bigger than I wanted, but I can fit my Unity stamps in there comfortably which are luciously thick. For the normal acrylic and average rubber mounted singles, you could probably put twice as many in one. Its an enclosed plastic "binder". You buy the "panels" to use in it and just stick your images on the pages. The front cover allows you to insert your pictures of your stamps. Check it out here: http://www.tayloredexpressions.com/category.php?category_id=138.

I've also tried Scroponizer, but I don't think I ordered the correct thing and I could never get their customer service to help me, but I've heard people rave about them. http://www.scraponizer.com/

Close To My Heart sells plastic envelopes like thier stamps come in separately. I took a transperency and cut it to size, stuck stamps on it and slid it the envelope. I like it, but need something thicker than a transparency I think.

Buy Stampin Up empty boxes off E-bay and stick the stamps to the inside of these. I've also heard of people going to Target and buying plastic school boxes and using the same way.

Tim Holtz also has a storage line and I've tried these and they work well as well. Here's a an example: http://www.scrapbook-creations.com/crptim92725.html. I just buy the pages, which are like pockets so they hold the stamps in place, without the binder.

Hope this helps!

Love your card and your blog! I stalk it regularly!

Janna said...

Sarah, this is just awesome!! Love the layout and the way you spelled LOVE!! Thanks so much for playing along with me and posting the challenge. I have been looking for a system too and what I have heard from stamping friends is that either the Gina K system is the best of the Little Monkeys system. Sorry I can't be more help, but I actually think I am going to get one of the above to store mine in.

smiles,
janna

Kim Burmeister said...

I just started using the GinaK storage binders for all of my EZ Mounts and stray acrylic sets that are non-CTMH. I love it! You can stack them on a shelf like a book and label the outside, so you know exactly what you have in each one.

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a cute card!!

I use empty CD cases for some of my unmounteds, but usually I use the storage panles from Sunday INternational and put them in binders....each binder has a ton of images and I sort them by company...Pink Cat, Magnolia, Unity, TAC etc..... I know everyone does something a little is what works super great for me!!

Gina Lindsay said...

What a fun challenge!

I keep my unmounteds in a binder and use baseball card sleeves. For larger stamps I found some photo sleeves in different sizes at Staples. I like it because it is easy to look through to find what I am looking for.

Becky Carafa said...

Oh this is so cute! Love the layout!
I use a couple different storage things. I use Little Monkeys for my Unity stamps, Gina K for my CHF stamps, and clear DVD cases for my Pink Cat stamps (EZ mounted). I can fit one PCS set in each case, so if you want to try one, let me know and I'll send you one.

Lorie said...

Love your card...those papers look very familiar! :o) I don't know how much room you have for your storage solution but look HERE

Melissa said...

I love your card Sarah!! Great job!
I made a video on storing in CD Cases, Baggies and on laminated sheets. It's an older video but these options are still valid. Have a look:
http://www.pinkcatstudio.com/Video/StoringUnmounteds.html

Lise Roy said...

Beautiful card!
Billy is so cute...

I store my unmounteds stamps in a binder and use baseball card sleeves.
Stamps with Ez Mount in CD case.

Heidi Brawley said...

Wow! I store mine just like Lisa does. I use baseball card sheets stored in binders for my clear stamps and use CD cases to store my EZ mounted stamps. Cute card u made too! ~Heidi

Emily said...

This is so cute Sarah! Love the papers you used! Great layout and image too!

I store my EZ mount sets in CD cases for now, but I recently read a thread on SCS where people were talking about how some chemical in the CD cases can cause the EZ mount to not cling after a while, so I gotta find a new storage solution too. =)

Rachel said...

this is soooo cute! I love the colors you used!!:0)

Javablustamper said...

Hey Sarah! I LOVE your card!! Especially that BG paper!!! I will post on my blog tomorrow night, my system. I just started it and I really love it!!! I use 4x6 clear plastic photo holders, by Iris. I LOVE them!! I also use these clear,green tinted scrapbook container for my Unity stamps. I will take pics and show you. Since I am a little particular about where everything is, I have a lot of them!!! HOpe you are well!!!

Anonymous said...

When you figure out a great system, please let us know. I need help too!

Dani said...

Cute, cute Billy card! My clear stamps and smaller UM sets are all in CD cases. The bigger sets are in a basket thingy. I'll take a pic and email you. It's hard to describe. :)

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips