Friday, January 9, 2009

Missing the Fun

Hallooooooooo my stamping friends! And welcome to another Bellaholics Anonymous Sketch Challenge! I've been in a Valentine-y mood lately, so I went with pink and white for this one. Here's the sketch:


And here's my interpretation of it:


I'm loving the sentiment stamped on vellum. *Smacks forehead* Why didn't I think of that sooner? Oh yeah, because I hate working with vellum. I stamped this in Staz On though, and I *think* it dried fairly quickly. It KILLED me to not do the smudge test to find out for sure, but I learned my lesson on that a bazillion other times. I swear, no matter how dry you think that ink is, it's still wet. That's one of Murphy's Laws of Stamping. ;o)

I love that Katherine Hepburn quote, too (stamp from Stamping Bella, as is the dotted ribbon)! Kate is a woman after my own heart, I tell ya. Loved her. When I bought this sentiment (solely because it was a quote of hers, mind you), I intended to use it with something else... Something a little more edgy. But then I thought, hey, why not pair it up with Miss Goody-two-shoes here? :o) hehehehe. This girl is clearly obeying ALL the rules, and therefore will never have ANY fun. You see where I'm going with this? So what do you think? Do they work together? Or not so much?

Here is a close up:

Be sure to stop back tomorrow for an i {heart} papers card. Then I'm going to take Sunday off, and will be posting three days of sneak peeks Monday through Wednesday for Pink Cat Studio. The new stamps Melissa designed are sooooo cute. Just wait until you see 'em! Woot!

Enjoy the day!

Sarah

post signature

16 comments:

Rach said...

fab card Sarah, nice touch with stamping the sentiment on velum..hugs rachxxx

Tracey said...

Pretty card and the sentiment is great!

Kimmie said...

lovin the brightness - and the vellum is a great touch.

Dani said...

Love the vellum (hate the vellum, working with it at least) and that quote is the best! Awesome job! :)

Holly Young said...

Miss Goodie Two Shoes! You crack me up Sarah! I love the vellum and think you should use it more often. Great quote too!

Courtney said...

Sarah! This is so cute! I love the sentiment! Great sketch!

Emily said...

This is so cute! Great image and colors! I love your sketch! TFS!

Eija said...

Absolutely lovely Bella! I have to try the vellum and my forgotten Bellas also.. Thank you for the tip.

xx Eija

Kim said...

Very cute card Sarah...and I think it goes very well together! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs~ Kim

Cheribella said...

I think it's a great card and everything works well. TFS

Sara (Chicago Girl) said...

I think the Miss Goodie Two Shoes is just a front and she is really having a blast. ;) Cute.

Kimmie said...

Hey girl - got my card done! Here it is!


http://craftingforsanity.blogspot.com/2009/01/bellaholicsanonymous-sketch-challenge.html

Sue from Oregon said...

Hello Sarah! I love how you added the sentiment to this card! (and I love the sentiment LOL)

Lorie said...

Your card is fantastic! I hope I get to play with this sketch!

Lorie said...

Your card is fantastic! I hope I get to play with this sketch!

Jessica Smith said...

Here is my card I guess this is where we post them if not could you let me know thanks. It was a fun challenge.

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips