Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CPS Sketch

Sweet n' Sassy Stamps is sponsoring the sketch of the week this week over on the CPS blog. Be sure to click over and see more great cards made with this sketch! And if you're a layout junkie like I am, bookmark the site while you're there. ;o) Anyhow, here's the sketch:




And here is my interpretation of it:


I used SNSS's newly released Purr-fect Day set. Aren't the cat and mouse just the cutest? I love 'em! I inked the cat head with my SU! Basic Black marker, and left one eye off, so I could draw it in as a wink (otherwise both look like the circle eye), and I also drew in that little grin. Ha! I love it! Here is a close up:

He totally reminds me of my kitty, Luke. Always being playful, and looking for trouble! Here is a close-up of the main image:

I cut the sentiment out with my oval nesties, and then cut the mice out separately so I could later them over the top. The heart (a stamp from the set) is raised on dimensionals. The background paper is all Basic Grey. I *think* it's from the Eva collection, but I'm not 100% sure on that. It was a gift.

And just a quick reminder to those who left a comment the other day saying the wanted to participate with me in The Biggest Loser's Pound For Pound challenge.... you should be starting, or have already started! We'll do our first "Wednesday Weigh-In" next week to see how everyone is doing. If you are still interested in joining, it's not too late! Check out this post for more information on how to pledge, and leave a comment there to let us know you're participating. I started my journey yesterday. I had a bowl of Fiber One cereal for breakfast (love that stuff, really don't know why I hadn't been eating it before this), one small 7-layer bar (like, literally, 1" square) at Grandma's for a snack, a bowl of chili for lunch, and a bowl of soup with a few pieces of cheese for supper. Not bad in the snacking department, if I must say so myself, and the food choices weren't bad either. Granted I probably could have found lower calorie alternatives at lunch and dinner, but hey, they're better than what I had been eating! I also did some crunches and stairs tonight. Woot!
Sarah

post signature

17 comments:

Rach said...

a fabulous card Sarah. Hugs rachxx

Courtney said...

This is the cutest, EVER!
Best wishes on your weight loss!

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe this card is a cutie!!! Best wishes on the weight loss!!! Woot Woot!!!! ~Heidi

Katie Cotton said...

very cute card!!!

Holly Young said...

Sarah, this is so cute! I love that little kitty head peeking up in the corner, and the way you made him wink is very creative.
Congratulations on starting your pound for pound challenge, and best of luck to you!

Emily said...

This is so cute Sarah! Love the stamps you used! Great colors and DP too! TFS!

Good luck with your pound for pound challenge! When I was trying to lose weight, I found some great low calorie recipes at http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-recipes/ I love the Chicken Cordon Bleu!

Sparkplug17 said...

Love the card! That set is adorable.

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is adorable!!!! Great job!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I love how the mouse PEEKS out at you! ADORABLE card! So Sweet! TFS!

Dani said...

Oh my word! That is adorable! I love the "modifications" to the kitty!

Danita said...

Sarah, your card is wayyyyyyyyy CUTE!!! Love the cats and mice!!!
Great job with this challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

You are just so smart! I love the card and the kitty face, and I love your blog! Thank you for sharing.

Lisa Foster said...

This is adorable Sarah!
Good Luck with your weight challenge! You CAN DO IT!!!
I left a little something on my blog for you :)

Kim said...

Sarah what an adorable card! Love those little paw prints! :) Good luck with the weight challenge! Keep up the good work! Your eating today was VERY good!!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Sarah,

I wanted to let you know I got the paper just fine!!!! Thank You so much you are too kind. I have not had the chance to play with it yet, but I am going to tomorrow. I also wanted to let you know I talked about you on my blog and left you an award too!!!

Heather

Janna said...

This is adorable and made me laugh out loud!!! The cat in the corner is so cute!!! Love that idea! Good luck with your weight loss!

Smiles,
janna

Lorie said...

Absolutely adorable! :o)

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips