Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dino-mite!



Happy New Year! Today is day one of our new release blog hop for Sweet n' Sassy Stamps! Woot! All of the DT girls are offering blog candy (me included, stop back tomorrow for that!) and the winners will be announced tomorrow night during the release party on the SNSS forum.

The card you see here is made with the new Dino-Mite set (this and others will be available after tomorrow nights release party). Isn't it such a cute set? I drew in the ground, but the rest of what you see is all from the set. I popped the trees up on dimensionals, and cut the sentiment out in a funky shape to go with the prehistoric theme. :) The ground has stardust stickles on it for texture. Here is a close up of the dimensionals:


Now click on over to my sidebar and scroll down to the bit about the BLOG HOP, and start hoppin'! All of the girls are offering candy, and super cute sneak peeks of all the new sets. Be sure to stop back bright and early tomorrow for candy here as well (I saw bright and early, because the whole entry period will last less than one full day!).

I also wanted to share this super cool idea I was introduced to on my friend Kate's blog, about a New Year's resolution, of sorts. It's called One Little Word, and basically is a word that you choose to epitomize you in 2009. Kate's word is Balance. I've thought about this all day, and have decided that my word is:

I will believe.... in myself, in my talent, in the future, that this too (insert current dilemma here) really shall pass. That everything has a purpose, and that I have the strength and the stamina to get through anything. My first idea for a word was simply "be", but I think I like this better. I will not only be, I will believe. If you decide to take part in this, leave me a comment. I'd love to know what your word is and the reasoning behind it.

Enjoy the YEAR!

Sarah

post signature

24 comments:

Kimmie said...

Beautiful card... but I've got a question about something I saw on the side of your blog - can you tell me about the pound for pound challenge?

Sandy said...

Oh, your card is just the cutest! The colors, layout and talent are all GREAT!!!!

Courtney said...

This is sooooo cute, Sarah!

Dani said...

Super cute card! We love dinos at our house! LOL! And I love your word. It's perfect. :)

i {heart} papers said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you're doing One Little Word too! I believe in you and am so blessed to have you on my team!!! :)

Unknown said...

this is adorable!

Tracey said...

This is a super cute card Sarah!! I love your word choice for 2009! I'm still thinking about mine! A very Happy New Year to you!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Cute card! Love the dino's!

Christi Flores said...

I love this Sarah!!!

Lorie said...

Great card Sarah...love it! I also just love your word for the year. Maybe I'll try and find one too but then I'd probably have to CASE that too! LOL! :o)

Debby said...

Very cute little boys card.
Angel hugs
Debby

CLHAJNAL said...

I am so moved by your word. And AWESOME card!!! I have such a hard time coming up with "Boy" cards. I don't know if you do it on purpose or not, but you totally inspire me in the "Boy" area.

Great Card!!

Carrie

Kelly said...

So, wanna bust about 15 of those out for Tyler's birthday??? I LOVE THEM!

I'm not kidding....what's your price?

Jamie Martin said...

Super cute card, love it!

JessicaK said...

Love this dino set! Very very cute.

Nita said...

wow what a cute card, clever sentiment;-)
hugs
Benita

Teresa Kline said...

adorable card, can't wait to see all the goddies tonight at the release party! *~*

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

'One word' is a lovely idea!

Love your adorable card!

Katie Cotton said...

i love the word believe! Its my favorite word! But with some new adventures i hope to have this year (starting my own stamp company for one is a goal of mine) believe is definitely a word i'll have to live by and my believe in myself that i can do it!

CreativeMish said...

What a Dino Mite card! I love it!

I love your word Believe!

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! I'm still thinking of my word but it gives me great focus for 2009!

Emily said...

Cute card Sarah! Great coloring! Love the colors! I really like the idea of a word for the year! Great word choice too. I'll have to think of one =). Happy New Year!

Holly Young said...

Hey Sarah. Cute card! Your coloring is so good! I thought a long time before I commented so I could have a word for you. I think my word for 2009 will be "participate". I want to participate in life more this year; get out of my box a little. Thanks for the thought!

Debby said...

Wow this is really awesome. I love that pic. Uh I think my word is CASE....

I'm kidding of course. Just seemed like a theme for me today. Can't think for myself.

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips