Thursday, January 29, 2009

Count Your Blessings



I needed to make a masculine birthday card last week (I know what you're thinking..."so where is it?" lol!), and this is what I came up with. When I got to this point, I started thinking about what else I could add.... I was going to tie a bow and adhere it to the bottom of that ribbon and use some dew drops on the sentiment. Then I sat back and took a good long look at my card and realized it was soooooo not a masculine card. LOL. So, rather than start from scratch, I just stopped. Because in my mind, minimal = masculine, even if vines and flowers are involved. bwahahahaha! Thank goodness this went to a close friend who gets me, and won't be offended! Maybe I'll luck out and he'll read this and email later to say he had no idea it wasn't masculine. Ok, maybe that's a stretch... *grin*

I used one of my all time favorite color combos on the card: Old Olive and Eggplant Envy. The background stamps are from SU!'s Baroque Motifs, and the sentiment is from an older SU! set as well, though I can't think of the name of it at the moment. Oh, and note how there are also flowers stamped inside the card. Yeeeaaaahhhh. They're masculine flowers, so drop it. HA!

Today is also the first day of another Sweet n' Sassy Stamps Blog Hop! I'm in tomorrow's group, but if you want to hop through today's blogs, check out the info in my sidebar!

I also have to play along with a little tag I got recently. My friend Debby B. tagged me in a photo challenge. The rules for this challenge are - Go to where you store your photos on your computer. Go to the SIXTH folder and pick the SIXTH photo. Post that photo on your blog along with a SHORT story about it. Tag SIX people and leave a comment on their blog or email them letting them know you chose them.

Well, here is that photo... Actually, this is the 7th photo, but only because the 6th one was totally obstructed by the nurse, and kinda dumb. Basically the same shot though:

This is my youngest, Jack, just after delivery when he was being all cleaned and measured. AWWWWWWW! :) Hard to believe he's a thunder thigh totin' ten month old now!

Wanna play along? Then consider yourself tagged! If you decide to play, let me know. I'd love to see your random photo!

Sarah

post signature

10 comments:

Lorie said...

Great card Sarah! Any guy would love it! Super cute picture of Jack too! :o)

Holly Young said...

okay, it's not the most masculine card I've ever seen, but I think you could still give it to a guy. A guy who is pretty secure in his manhood. ROFL! Just teasing you.
Cute photo; even though you cheated!

Jen said...

I played along with the tag game. =) That was a fun diversion!
Thanks,
Jen

Dani said...

Great card! For anyone. :)
Cute pic of Jack! He so tiny!

Maria said...

Hey Sarah!! Love your card. . I love that SU images. .. reminds me I need to dust it off and use it. I think it's a pretty card and even a masculine dude will appreciate it. It'll get him in touch with his feminine side. Isn't it the "in" thing for men now.. .the sensitive man.

Love your baby's picture. . .they do grow up so quickly!!

Maria

Tracey said...

A fabulous card Sarah! Love the colours! And Jack is a cutie!! :)

Tracey said...

A fabulous card Sarah! Love the colours! And Jack is a cutie!! :)

Janna said...

This card is really pretty. I love the swirls and sentiments. And I think it would be a lovely card for a man! Such a great picture too! Thanks for sharing it!

Smiles,
janna

Valorie said...

Great card, Sarah. Love the color scheme!

Sara (Chicago Girl) said...

I played the photo game. What a great random picture you had! So sweet.

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips