Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'll Be Dammed....



Bwa ha ha ha! I am IN LOVE with this new Bubs The Beaver (Our Craft Lounge) set I got from i {heart} papers!! This sentiment is totally what sold me on the set, but I love the whole thing. It's perfect for Valentine's cards, birthdays, or just general fun. Seriously, you have TONS of options for wording on the inside of this baby!

I was *supposed* to make a Valentine's card this week (or so I told myself), but Bubs was just crying out to be paired with this Basic Grey Deciduous paper from the retired Mellow collection. Even though this paper is no longer available, Kate has TONS of Basic Grey in stock, including the new Bittersweet pads that everyone is raving about! Be sure to click over and take a look! That reversible satin ribbon is just to die for as well. It's sooooo soft! Am I the only one who pets ribbon? Seriously? Nah, I didn't think so... ;o)

I also want to take a moment to give a shout out to some wonderful blogger friends who have tagged me recently with these awards. This comes from my good friend Lorie over at Live, Laugh, Love, Create. Lorie has to be one of the single most encouraging people I've ever met in my entire life. Be sure to check out her blog if you haven't already, and give her some love!


This is from my (relatively) new blogger friend Heather. Heather and I met when she posted an insanely hard challenge on PCP one day. LOL. I love you Heather, but I still haven't done that challenge! hee heee heeeeeeee! She is a total sweetheart, AND will be one of our Pink Cat Studio Guest Designers this year, which is super cool! Be sure to visit her at Heather's Heavinly Stampsations if you haven't already done so!

Finally, this comes from another new blogger friend, Lisa, of Stampin' For Sanity. Lisa's work is A.MA.ZING., and severly under appreciated, in my opinion. I mean really. How does a card like this only get 2 comments? Is that even possible? And if you think that's cute, you should check out the rest of her blog!

You might remember from the last time I posted awards, that I've decided to no longer play by the rules with them. Instead, I've decided to point you to some of the cool new blogs I've found. I haven't been adding much to my reader lately, but my newest entries include:

Jenn Balcer - Yeah. I know. I'm probably the last stamper on the planet to add this blog. Don't ask me why it took so long, but it did. I'm guessing the odds are you've already seen it, but on the off chance that you haven't, be sure to check it out. Jenn's work is amazing!

Stamp A Little Love Baby - Again, I know what you're thinking. What stamper doesn't have Cambria Turnbow in their reader? Well, until recently, that answer would be me. Cambria is one of the masterminds behind Our Craft Lounge, which is the company that makes my beloved Bubs the Beaver.... hence the new addition.

With a Stamp and a Song - Deb is an amazing stamper, and like so many who are, I don't think she believes it. She actually called me last week (!!!) and is a joy to talk with as well. I'm so glad I've had the chance to "meet" her!

and finally...

i hate greenbeans - This has nothing at all to do with stamping. Or greenbeans, as far as I can tell. My friend Noelle recently introduced me to this blog because Lincee had a cute recap of episode one of the new season of The Bachelor, and I knew instantly I had to add her. She's hilarious. So if you're into The Bachelor, or random entertainment news, this might be a good choice for you, too!

i {heart} papers card supplies:
Sarah

post signature

22 comments:

Kimmie said...

You are so deserving of all your blog awards! I love checking out your blog daily and seeing your amazing work for inspiration!

Holly Young said...

This is really cute Sarah. I too love the sentiment!
Congratulations on your awards. I'm going to check out the blogs you mentioned right now!

i {heart} papers said...

Totally adorable. You did a great job coloring him. And yes, I pet ribbon and paper.

Lorie said...

Fantastic Sarah! I love everything about that card! The image and sentiment are so perfect!

Pat's little corner of the world said...

Your at it again: new stamps for me to get!!!I have the new bittersweet paper and I got the two sided ribbons last time you made me by stamps..LOL..or should I say I got 4 of the ribbons not just one..
Your card is so cute and I really like that little guy and what he says...
Your big sister

Sue from Oregon said...

Of course my goal is to use the stamps I have...but this set is getting harder to resist...love the card!

Kim said...

Sarah that is so darn cute!!!! I love it!
Hugs~ Kim

Kristine said...

Super duper CUTE Sarah! Your title was a little shocking, so I had to come find out what it was about, LOL. Glad I did. Hugsxx

Scrappy Doo 2 u said...

We'll I'll be dammed if that aint the cutest stamp! I wanna get one but not sure it's in the budget this week....... hmmmm and there's only 3 left.

Loving the card!

Carri D said...

Super cute card. I love that little guy!

Vicki G said...

I love Bubs too . He is the sweetest isn't he............Beate and Jen Rock!!!!! Good Choice of BLogs to point out!

Vicki

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card, love the paper and gorgeous image!
Clairex

Noelle Bolstad said...

THAT'S IT. I need Bubs in my life. This broke my cuteness meter, and you owe me a new one.

Dani said...

Ack! Bubs is the cutest! Great job!

Cathleen said...

This is really cute, love this set! What a fun card!

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh Sarah You are so sweet to mention me in such a nice way!!! I did not expect that, but thank you so much

I am enjoying your blog and getting to know you some!!!!

Well I mean I am totally enjoying getting to know you,

Not I am enjoying getting to know you some!!! LOL

Great Blogs to point out I had never been to Jenn's Blog!!!

Heather

Deb said...

Wow Sarah! Thanks so much! {{hugs}}! You're such a sweetie for mentioning my blog!

Heheh! I'm gonna have to call you again and tell you all about my trip to Orlando! ;)

{pam} said...

this card is toooo stinkin' cute! i totally love the sentiment!!!

after reading your post . . . i felt like a dork that i didn't have a reader with blogs in it! thanx for moving me into the current century . . . i now have a reader with far too many "new" items to read! LOL!!!

Chrissy D said...

Great card - love the Beaver too! And congrats on the Award you deserve it!!!

Lori said...

This is adorable! You colored the image beautifully, too.

LorettaL said...

Wow! Too funny. Adorable image.

Lisa Foster said...

I LOVE IT!!! You've outdone yourself here, Sarah!!!
I Totally LOVE this set...in fact, it's on it's way to me now! (Visa and I both thank you)LOL.
Also...
Thank you for the nice comments about my blog...you are such a SWEETHEART! ((HUGS))

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips