Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pink Cat Studio Sneak Peeks, Day 2

Today is another sneak peek day, and I have another two cards to show you, so be sure to scroll down! Here is the first, from the new Kiki Kitty set:



This card uses an old TECC layout (#47, to be exact). Don't you just love Taylor's sketches? I do. When I'm unable to participate in any given week, I generally will jot the sketch down on a piece of scratch paper and keep it in my craft area for future use. And how appropriate that I use this cupcake kitty on a cupcake challenge, no?

Here is my second card for today, featuring the adorable cupid Billy image from the new Lily and Billy Sweethearts set that comes out on Thursday:

Check out that super wide organdy ribbon! I just picked that up on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I think the whole bolt was something like $1.74, down from $10. I didn't realize it until Saturday, but Hobby Lobby has multiple clearance sections. I thought there was only one. But as it turns out, I was wrong! They had ribbons on clearance over by the sewing stuff, apart from the normal craft clearance area. I picked up three or four different bolts for next to nothing. Score! This is another old TECC, by the way... #46. ;o)

Don't forget to check out the other PCS DT blogs (linked in my sidebar) for more awesome sneak peeks today! We have one more day of peeks tomorrow (and our Wednesday Weigh-in for those who are doing the PFP Challenge with me), and then I'll show you the full sets on Thursday. I also have to show you this AWESOME gift I received in the mail today from my friend Kate. I think I'll do that Thursday as well. :o)

Enjoy the day!

Sarah

post signature

21 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

That kitty looks like he was caught with someones cup cake LOL!

Kristine said...

Oh, Love the KITTY with the cuppycake!! :) So adorable, and your layout is really neat!

Mariska said...

These are both so cute!! I love the Billy card, that cupid is just so cute!! And gotta love organza!! Gorgeous!!

xxx
Mariska

Heather Schlatter said...

Sarah these are wonderful. I love your coloring, and the DSP on the Kiki card is soooo cute!!!

I love the Cupid Billy wonderul Sarah and Organza is my very favorite Ribbon love it love it, love it!!!

Heather

Jodi said...

Nicely done cards! Your layouts are great too! =)
Hugs,
Jodi

Tracey said...

These are both adorable Sarah!!

Janna said...

Sarah, two more adorable projects!! I just love them! The patchwork on Billy's card is perfect!!! How did you get the squares so perfect?!! And the Kiki card colors are just devine!! Love it!

smiles,
Janna

Vicki G said...

Both or your cards are just adorable...............I love your clean style!

Vicki

Lise Roy said...

Both are gorgeous!
Love the ribbbon ...

Becky Carafa said...

Yep, great layouts! love the wide ribbon/button treatment thingy, just perfect!

Lisa Foster said...

These are both ADORABLE cards! Great layouts, colors and images...Uh oh, looks like more additions to my BIG wish list!
Great Job, Sarah!

Cathy Spicer said...

I'm a Hobby Lobby stalker!! I discovered the ribbon on the sewing side as well. The have a huge selection of spooled ribbon and it frequently goes on sale for half price. It's the only place I buy my ribbon now since the stamping/scrapbook ribbon is more expensive and you get less of it. In case you don't already do so, check out their website and subscribe to their newsletter. You'll get the weekly ad and the weekly coupon sent right to your email. They've done the 40% off anything coupon quite a bit and my Spellbinders Nestibilities collection has grown nicely.

Happy shopping!

Disclaimer - I don't work for HL, I'm just LOVE that store! Last week I shared it with a friend who'd never been there. She walked around dazed trying to soak it all in. LOL

Maria said...

Wow, Sarah. . .your cards are simply gorgeous and you did such a fabulous job coloring the images. The dp on your first is so pretty. I'm a real sucker for designer paper!

I love that large organdy ribbon on your second card with the button!! Wow, you got a great deal with the ribbon!! I love clearance stuff! Beautiful job on both cards!1

Maria

Dani said...

Oh my cuteness! They are both adorable I can't wait to see the sets!

Christi Flores said...

Girl, your cards are blowing me away!!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

I love your Billy card! He is just darling!

Chrissy D said...

YOu know, sometimes I am a little goofy and when I saw the first card - the thought popped in my head BOOM-CHicka-WOW-WOW!!! LOL Love both of these cards!TFS!

Holly Young said...

more great cards Sarah. I just adore the way you did the ribbon with the button in the middle. I'm going to have to steal that idea!

Emily said...

These are gorgeous Sarah! I love Taylor's sketches too! I usually forget to do them though. Your coloring looks great! Love how you did the ribbon on the second card!

Melissa said...

These are so sweet Sarah! Wonderful work!!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are always fantastic! I love them!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips