Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bellaholic Sketch Challenge #1

This is my first sketch for the Bellaholics Yahoo Group. I love drawing these sketches up, and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! So, without further ado, here is your sketch for this week:





And here is the card I made with it:



Pretty cute, no? :o) I love that ribbon. It was actually the insiration for my sketch. I've been wanting to use it for ages, but was never sure what to do with it. Did I mention it's elastic? That part is kind of a pain to work with, but I still love the ruffled edges.

Now for the fun stuff. Make something using this layout and at least one Stamping Bella image... it doesn't have to be a card, but stick as close to the layout as possible with whatever you make. Then link your project in a comment on this post, and next Friday I will use random.org to choose a winner for a little prize from me. You don't have to be in the Bellaholics Yahoo Group to be eligible to win, but if you love Bella's, why not join? It's a fun group with lots of great challenges, swaps, and ideas! So remember.... use the sketch, one Stamping Bella image, and have it done and posted and linked here by midnight on October 16th to be eligible to win!

I also want to talk for a minute about yesterday's post. I got a few comments asking what kind of black paper I used, because it seems shiny. It is just plain ol' Basic Black, from Stampin' Up! I used black stickles on all of the "spokes" of the web for a little extra shine. The rest of the shine is probably coming from the overhead lighting.

And if you read yesterday's post, you saw a few fun comments I've gotten about Bella's from my friends. (hee hee). I'll leave you today with another one. This was posted on yesterday's card by my friend Noelle, who always knows how to make me smile. :o)

Big thanks to my friend Michelle who sent me a HUGE envie full of images (including the one I used on this card!) this week. Thanks, Michelle!

Have a good weekend!!

Photobucket

post signature

22 comments:

Meli Palmer said...

I love, love, love the ribbon on this card!!!

Michelle-a-bella said...

That is so funny, I saw that same ribbon in a store and thought immediately "That would be so cute to use with a Bella Stamp!" Love the sketch and I will try to work on one this week! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the card and the challenge. I'm not very good with challenges, actually I'm not very good with cards, LOL, but I think I'm going to try this one. TFS By the way, I just love your blog and all of your cards are so uplifting to me. I can always count on you to make me smile.
Cheribella

Kim said...

AWESOME card Sarah! I LOVE that ribbon! Where did you get it? I so have to get me some of that! Can you tell I am a ribbon collector! Hee hee! I am going to work on your sketch this weekend!
Hugs~ Kim

Dani said...

OMG! I just bought that ribbon yesterday! Love it!

Great job with the sketch! :)

Lorie said...

Fantastic sketch...fantastic card...fantastic post today! :o)

Jennifer Love said...

Gorgeous sketch, Sarah! I still need to order me some Bellas. Ooh yes, I do. I love them so! Happy Friday! :)

Katie Skiff said...

Beautiful card and beautiful sketch!! I love them both!

Here is my entry
http://katieskiff.typepad.com/justme/2008/10/i-am-on-a-roll.html

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is too cute! I love the ribbon. I will have to play this weekend.

Danni said...

Fun sketch and fun card you created. Here's mine: Tutuface

Kim said...

Hi Sarah~ I got time yesterday to play along! YAY! I love how my card turned out...even though I didn't have cool ribbon like yours! I love that ribbon! You can find my entry HERE.
Thanks for making such a GREAT sketch to play along with!
Hugs~ Kim

*Sabrina* said...

Sarah, i love the sketch and love that ribbon. I will have to find it. here is my entry http://scrappinjava.blogspot.com/2008/10/bellaholic-sketch-challenge-from-sarah.html Sabrina

Katie Cotton said...

love the sketch! Here's my card!
http://papermakeup.blogspot.com/2008/10/bella-sketch-challenge.html

Kristine said...

Aww...and there's the card made with the pretty frilly ribbon that I LOVE!! :) Great card!

ChrissyM said...

The ribbon is perfect for a bella and especially this image. Great card

Laurel said...

Great sketch and card! Here is my card:

http://want2scrap.blogspot.com/2008/10/merry-christmas-cupcakeabella.html

Anonymous said...

I love the sketch even though I am never very good at following directions this was great. You can see my card at www.cheribella.com or at
www.cheribella.wordpress.com

Emily said...

This is adorable! Great coloring. I love your layout! Very pretty ribbon too!

Lynn Put said...

Oh this is so pretty! Your sketch is awesome just like your card!
And I love this ribbon too!

Lorie said...

I played with this sketch too! It is HERE

Joan Ottevanger said...

Here can you find my card for the challenge.
http://scrapmum.blogspot.com/2008/10/2x-challenge-two-time-challenge.html

Lorraine said...

great sketch and great card. Love that ribbon! too cute! tfs

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips