Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas

Yesterday I received some happy mail in the form of my first package from i {heart} papers. Woot! It was hilarious, because we had just gotten home from the grocery store, and both of the boys were crazy cranky, and I actually said, "Just hold your horses, Mama has to look at her new papers!" Yeah. As if they care.... or listened!

I decided it was only fitting that my first card for i {heart} papers used a sketch from i {heart} 2 stamp. ;o) You can see the sketch here. This is the first time I've ever done one of Jen's sketches, and I have to say I love it! Here is my take on the sketch:




Is that not the cutest snowman ever? I just love this card, and I think it might have to be one of my Christmas cards for this year. It's so cute, but soooo easy, which works well when you're mass producing. And check out the blue paper. I stamped the snowflakes so it looked like they were falling, and building up at the bottom. Fun stuff, eh?

I don't have a lot to ramble about today (shocker!), so I'll leave you with the ingredients. Be sure to check out the store if you haven't already, and remember they carry more than just papers!

i {heart} paper supplies
See Spot DP (red dotted)
Hickups DP (solid green)
Christmas Characters Stamp Set (Snowman, Snowflake, Sentiment)

other supplies
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive (sponged on green paper edges), Adirondak Pitch Black
Other: Narrow White Organdy Ribbon, Scalloped Punch, Button Bouquet, Paper Piercer, Copic Markers, Dazzling Diamonds, White DMC Floss (on buttons)
Photobucket

post signature

25 comments:

Cathleen said...

OMG! This is the cutest card ever! I love this!

Anonymous said...

That's a cute card Sarah! Who runs I heart papers? Anyone I know?

Deb said...

Sarah, this came out so absolutely adorable! I just love this little fella, and your card is bright and fun and whimsical! I love the sketch 2!

Oh, now you've got me really excited to get my package! Hopefully today!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

What an adorable card! Nice job, Sarah!

Kendra said...

Super duper cute!!!

Danni said...

Absolutely adorable!!!

LorettaL said...

Wow! He's adorable!!

Meredith said...

LOVE this!!!!!! the buttons are the perfect touch to this card :) So so cute!!!!

i {heart} papers said...

Very, very cute! I love that little snowman too!

Lorraine said...

great card! I adore that snowman image. thanks for sharing!

whoistracy said...

Cute card Sarah!!

Kim said...

Sarah this is adorable! Love those papers!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Anonymous said...

Packages in the mail are always fun! This card is fabulous and I really love the paper.

Mandy said...

What? You mean they didn't listen to that?!? ;) LOL! Too funny...and cute card, too! :)

Christi Flores said...

Too cute!!!! My boys never listen either! LOL :)

Catherine said...

oh this is so pretty, and yes i love her sketches too :)

i'm with the band said...

I love it!

Sparkplug17 said...

It's darling!

Chrissy D said...

Sarah this is soooo cute! Love the colors, layout and embellishments! TFS!

Lori said...

This is adorable! I got the same set and can't wait to try it out.

Becky said...

I looooooove the colors and layout of this! SOOO INSPIRING!

Dani said...

So cute! Great job! Have fun with your new goodies!

Emily said...

Sarah, this is gorgeous! I love the colors!! Great layout! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Just so pretty! I love everything about this card!

Kimberly said...

This is adorable! I do love the sketch. Love the little snowman in the scallop circle and the buttons!

Thanks for the comment on my Thanksgiving card. I just love that set. The only other TAC set with stick people is this one with little kids:
http://kimberly.ismyangel.net/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?prodid=2929&cid=142&pid=103

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips