Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just A Note

Today is another CBC Challenge day! This week's challenge is a sketch challenge, and I actually drew this one. Did I mention I love drawing up these sketches? I think it's fun. Weird, I know. Anyhow, here is the sketch for this week:



The sketch is actually taken from the Witchybella card I made and posted a month or so back. I thought it was a fun layout, and wanted to see what other people could do with it.

For this card, I decided to use one of the Magnolia images my blogger friend Kimmie sent me. I have been contemplating the purchase of Ms. Magnolia for some time, and was on the fence. In all honesty I really wanted some in the worst way until another blogger friend who shall remain nameless pointed out to me that they are faceless little girls. You know me and my drawbacks with stamps. As if I need one more thing to be bothered by. lol!



But now that I've played with one image, I think I'm ready to buy... faces or not. ;o) And can I just say how much I love the coloring job on this little chica? I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I really thing it's my best blending to date. This paper is AMAZING for blending. The best ever - hands down. I emailed Kimmie right away to find out what it was, and she couldn't remember (grrr! hee hee... just kidding, Kimmie... sort of). All she knows is that she bought it at Michael's. I'm still investigating that one.

Anyhow, I ended up flipping the sketch a little bit, but here is my card for today:


The blue is Soft Sky with white clouds sponged on using my Craft White pad. I couldn't get a good picture of the clouds but you can see them a little bit. The "grass" is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder, and then snipped at the top. I cut some of the main image out with my exacto knife so her arms could go over the grass. And in my head, the wide brown ribbon is kinda like a tree.

So, there you have it! Be sure to click on the other CBC Chick's links in my sidebar to see more fun cards. And if you play along, link your card to Courtney's post for this week and maybe you'll win a little prize!

Photobucket

post signature

21 comments:

Kimmie said...

This card came out amazing, and you're right the blending is absolutely fabulous! I am almost positive I bought it in a huge pack of white cardstock, maybe it was The Paper Company... I just bought a pack of multicolored paper under that brand there yesterday...

Courtney said...

How cute is this? I love, love, love it!

Lorraine said...

cute card, Sarah! you coloring is amazing. I know what you mean about these images being faceless. but they are cute. thanks for sharing your sketch with us.

Ramsey said...

Very cute! Great job on the sketch!

Danni said...

You are amazing with these sketches! Love them!
And your coloring is awesome on this cutie!!
Love your card!

Dani said...

Fabulous job, very cute card! I agree about the faces. Weirds me out. I guess you could always draw in her nose and mouth! :)

Dani said...

Crud, forgot to tell you how great the coloring is! You are a Coloring Queen!

Kim said...

Sarah your coloring rocks and that card is so much fun! I think I will have to play along with your sketch b/c I always like your sketches!
Hugs~ Kim

Holly Young said...

nameless huh? LOL! I guess that's better than faceless. Seriously, if it bugs you I keep telling you to draw your own cute nose and mouth!
Cute card, and your coloring is awesome.

Unknown said...

that sketch is absolutly adorable!! And love that magnolia image!!! The hole card is such a work of art!

Lorie said...

This is completely and totally adorable! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I just purchased Magnolia...I think they are too cute. I absolutely love your card.Awesome coloring.

Gina Lindsay said...

I really like this card a lot. Your coloring is fabulous and I love the arrangement of the flowers.

Catherine said...

Sarah, love it.

Sparkplug17 said...

She is just adorable! Great card and love your sketch. :)

Chrissy D said...

Sarah - this is a total *WOW* factor card. Adorable, great coloring, love the flowers...hmmm is there anymore to say? FABULOUS!!! TFS!

Meredith said...

this is totally adorable!!! You did an awesome job on the coloring!!! I love these stamps too but so far have been resisting. You might have just pushed me over the edge, thanks ;)

Kimberly said...

What a super cute card!!! Love the flowers and grass. Nice "seeing" you again too! Thanks for the sweet comments earlier!

Joanne said...

This is just adorable!

ChrissyM said...

What a fun sketch and adorable card!!

Anonymous said...

Love your sketch and your card is great. Your coloring is so good I'm green with envy. I wish I could catch on with how to use my copics. Something just isn't clicking with me. I can color just fine but the blending is so so. Love, love, love the Magnolias too.

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips