Monday, October 6, 2008

Simple Redemption



Redemption from what, you ask? Yesterday's card, of course! hee hee. I couldn't leave that at the top of my blog for more than a day, so I had to make something and get it posted. :) I ended up grabbing one of the many (and I do mean MANY) Fluffles images that was sent to me when I requested them on the WRAK forum on SCS. People were so generous, I love it! I've had them for a few years now, and I think I've only used one or two of them so far. That's never a good thing! Fluffles needs to get out and play more!

I used a cool grey (CG1) and a warm grey (WG5) copic together on this card. I wasn't sure how it would work, but I think the end result is cute. I used the cool grey to pick up the warm grey and then applied it to the paper. Then I used the CG1 marker alone as the floor with some clear Stickles applied over the top for texture.



The idea for the partially cuttlebug'd background with the sentiment at the bottom came from this card, that was recently featured on Taylor's blog. The swirly folder reminded me of unwound yarn. And I am loving this dark grey and cameo coral color combo. A vast improvement over yesterday, no? LOL!

Well, my plan to cut back on blogging doesn't seem to be working so well! I'll be back tomorrow with another CBC Challenge, and then maybe I'll skip Wednesday. Maybe. This stamping thing is addictive, in case you haven't noticed. ;o) The good news though, is that I snuck in an episode of Ugly Betty last night, so now I'm only one week behind on that show. I'll get caught up eventually...

Enjoy the day,

Photobucket

Details:
Stamps: Fluffles (Stampendous), Feeling Groovy (Verve Stamps)
Ink: Going Grey, Black (Unknown)
Paper: Cameo Coral, Dark Grey (Unknown), White (Unknown)
Other: Heart brad, Grey Taffeta Ribbon (Stampin' Up!), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

post signature

10 comments:

Rach said...

Fabulous card Sarah, love the way the colours work so well together..hugs rachxx

Lorie said...

That is absolutely adorable! Everything goes so well together and the coloring of Fluffle makes her look so well...fluffy! Great card!

Holly Young said...

Cute card Sarah! I love Fluffles! I really like how the stickles looks on the floor too. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Christi Flores said...

All of your cards lately have been adorable!!!!

Emily said...

This is so cute Sarah! Love the background and all of the little details. TFS!

Catherine said...

Sarah this is too cute and love the color combination that you use for this card =)

ChrissyM said...

Adorable card!! Love the colors!

Dani said...

Great job with the coloring! I love the colors, super cute(even though I don't like cats. But this cat I think I could live with!)! :)

Becky said...

FLUFFLES! Toooo cute! Great coloring. Great card!

Kim said...

This is so adorable! I love this card! I feel like I had that day yesterday!
Hugs~ Kim

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips