Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Simple Thanks

Today is another CBC Challenge day, and this week's challenge is the following sketch. I drew this one up eons ago, long before circles were all the rage in sketches. I feel like such a trendsetter. ;o) lol.

And here is my take on the sketch:


I had so many ideas for this sketch, but in the end I wound up doing a simple thanksgiving card. We are back to fighting with our little one every night to get him to sleep and stay asleep, so my crafting time was limited last night. Thankfully, the pediatrician changed our meds again (for reflux, if you haven't been following the drama), so hopefully we'll have smooth sailing from here on out. Think happy thoughts for us!

The embossed area on the card is a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and the leaves are from Sweet n' Sassy Stamps Autumn Blessing set. I stamped them in Bravo Burgundy (same color as base of card) and then used my aquapainter and watercolor crayons to color them in.

Thanks so much to everyone who gave their congrats on my exciting news yesterday! I can't wait to get started. :)


Photobucket

post signature

16 comments:

Lorie said...

This is beautiful Sarah!

Danni said...

You really rock on the sketches!!
Great card, so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The sketch is great...and your card is just soooo beautiful.

Sparkplug17 said...

I love your card! The leaves are just perfect! Sorry that your little one hasn't been sleeping well.

Dani said...

Wonderful sketch, wonderful card!
You are a trend setter!
Hope the new meds help. :)

Catherine said...

Sarah, i love this sketch and i can't wait to play along. love, love your card :)

Anonymous said...

Where did you find that cuttlebug folder? I've been looking EVERYWHERE for Thanksgiving and Christmas folders. That card is fabulous!

Chrissy D said...

This is GORGEOUS Sarah! Love the colors - the cuddle bug folder. And WOW what great stamps! LOL ;) TFS!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is beautiful! Great job!!

Courtney said...

Ok, praying for sleep for your household! Maybe those meds will work this time!

LOVE the card! What a way to think *outside the circle* for your finished card! I need that stamp set!

Oh and big, stinkin' CONGRATULATIONS to you, girlee!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Hey, can I borrow that sketch and use it on the website I mod? It's a clean and simple sketch and I think that maybe it might be of interest to some of our beginners? Can I huh, pweeze?

Either way, your card kicks bootay!

Debby said...

Great sketch and cute card!

Lorraine said...

beautiful card, Sarah! love everything about it! thank for sharing!

Emily said...

This is gorgeous Sarah! Love the colors. Lovin that sketch too! Good luck with your son sleeping!

Rochelle W said...

Very Pretty Card. I love the colors.
Welcome to the team!

Gina Lindsay said...

Those colors are great! hope your little one starts sleeping better.

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips