Thursday, October 23, 2008

For Mimi


I made this card for the Bellaholics Anonymous weekly challenge. This week is a color challenge, given to us by Queen Christi. Christi based her color choices - purple, black, and cream - on some favorite colors of her grandma (called Mimi) who passed away recently. You can read more about Christi's inspiration for the challenge and see the adorable card she made on her blog here.

I used white instead of cream on my card, but only because it was a gifted image. Her apron looks more purple in person. For some reason it seems more blue in my picture. About that apron... note how she is not wearing any kind of shirt underneath it. lol. Let's just pretend she bakes in halter tops, mmmk? Because otherwise that would just be wrong. ;)

All of the dots on the card are punched and glued down. I got a little spot-happy. hee hee. I love dots. When I was in middle school, I remember filling out these little quiz things to show how much you knew about your best friend. My best friend was Pam, and Pam listed my favorite color as "polka dots". LOL. :) So true. My favorite color actually is purple, so this was a fun card for me.

In other news, I've been chatting it up a bit with my blogger friend Sue about how she has this cool little comment form on her blog, and how I can get it too. She was kind enough to send me some info she found tonight, and I thought I'd share it with you. If you like the way my comment form is set up (effective today) you can do the same on your (Blogger) blog by following these simple instructions:

To enable the embedded comment form for your blog, go to the Settings > Comments page and look for the Comment Form Placement setting. Change it to Embedded below post, save your settings, and go check out a post to see the new form in action.

Enjoy the day!

Photobucket

post signature

17 comments:

Holly Young said...

LOL Sarah. You kill me! You notice that she's not wearing a shirt under her apron, but you don't notice the Magnolia's have no nose or mouth! I love your dots! I like the big black ones, and Ilike the little purple and black ones on the corners of the image! Great card!

Danni said...

Very cute! Love the polka dots!! And too funny about the apron, I never really thought about it! LOL!

Lorie said...

That is adorable Sarah! I couldn't the embedded thing to work on my blog for some reason. Maybe I'll try again.

Dani said...

Super cute card! At least if she's baking topless, she is wearing an apron. Because if not? Well THAT would be so very wrong. ;)

Love the comment form. Gonna have to do that so I can be cool like you!

Kim said...

What a GREAT card Sarah! I love it!!! And your new comment section is neato!
Hugs~ Kim

Christi Flores said...

OMG that is so sweet!! You are such an awesome friend. :) Your card is gorgeous!!!!

Mandy said...

Wow! I love the embossed dots along with the big black dots in the background! :) Very very cute!

Catherine said...

LOL! on everything on your post today. You are just too funny. And polka dots as a favorite color, now that's hilarious, i have to use that to a friend of mine and see what he has to say...hahaha. BTW, i love, love your background and never thought to punch out on black CS to create your favorite color...LOL! gotta try that one :)

Jennifer Love said...

What a fun card!

Jill Cooper said...

I have this stamp and I have NEVER thought to use this color scheme or anything, this is amazing and SO beautiful!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful...I love the way you colored her.

Gina Lindsay said...

Love those polka dots on your background! Great card.

Shannon Roberts said...

You card is beautiful!! I love how you can always make me laugh & you are pro out pointing out Bellas flaws (even thou I wish I looked as good as her in a halter top or that I was light as a feather & could sit on a stool with not enough legs & not fall down, etc.....)
PS Purple is my Favorite color toooo !!!

Emily said...

This is beautiful Sarah! Your coloring looks wonderful! I love your punched polka dots. Great card. TFS!

Debby said...

LOL! I love you blog! I didn't even notice. I'm sure glad I didn't pass it on. Hahahaha. You notice everything! Oh I like your card too! :-)

Kristine said...

Very cute Sarah! Love the purple and black, and your image/sentiment are so fun. Great card! =)

ChrissyM said...

Lovely card. The colors are fantastic!

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips