Thursday, October 16, 2008

Every Leaf's A Flower

Autumn Card
I was recently surprised with a HUGE envie full of images from my blogger friend Michelle. She had won some images on my blog awhile back, and said she had been meaning to get an envie out to thank me (totally unnecessary, by the way!), and what a nice surprise it was! Thanks so much, Michelle! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

This image and sentiment were both in the envie she sent me. I have no idea what company makes either one, but I think they are both awesome. I love fall, and I love random sentiments (especially quotes) more. These two work so well together. Speaking of quotes, THIS is my favorite website for them. Dr. Robins and I have emailed back and forth a few times - nice guy. Check it out if you have a minute. I've been referencing it for years, and have found many a signature quote on that page!

OK, back to the card. Take a lookie at my weathered bucket! I am so pleased with the way it turned out. I was originally planning on doing a grey bucket, but then decided to think outside of the box...err, bucket, and go with brown. Don't even ask me how I got the shading to work, because I couldn't even tell you. I just did, and that makes me happy. :o)

The patterned paper is new, from Stampin' Up! and it's called Washington Apple. Don't you just love it? I think it is a beautiful color combination with the Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, and Pumpkin Pie. The ribbon is SU! as well, in Riding Hood Red. When I first saw my spool, I was a little disappointed at the white edges, but now that I see it on a card I really like it. I think it all works so well together. I cut a few leaves out of a scrap of the same paper to make the little embellishment. After cutting them out, I sponged the edges with Pumpkin Pie ink, and then added the amber dew drop for a little dimension.



It kind of looks like a little flower, doesn't it? That totally wasn't my intent, but it works well with the quote, so it's all good!

So what do you think? Comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

post signature

15 comments:

Holly Young said...

I love this card Sarah. I love the quote, and your coloring is fantastic, but my favorite part is how you cut out the leaves and sponged around them for the accent! Great card! I love Fall too. And thanks for the quote site too!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful...I love the DP paper.

Rach said...

gorgoeus card Sarah, hugs rachxx

Lorraine said...

great card. love the colors and that dp is FINE! love the image too!

Lorie said...

Sarah...this is absolutely beautiful! I love every aspect of it!

Kristine said...

Hi Sarah!! Ooohhh, I just LOVE this fall card. I don't have much in the way of Fall stamps, but I just Oooh and Aaaahh over every one I come across. I agree with that sentiment too. LOVE Fall leaves...and long for them as mostly what I have around here in the dessert is stinky Junipers. Lol. LOVELY CARD!!

Emily said...

This is beautiful Sarah! Your coloring looks fabulous! I love your the leaves! They look great! Thanks for sharing the link to that quote site. I love quotes, and they have some really good ones!

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the color combination you used here. I like the paper piercing too.

specialcraftmom4 said...

This card is just beautiful (: Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. Everything came together just perfectly. The cut out leaves add so much. I din't like the SU colors at all but I like the way you used them.

Danni said...

This is so pretty!!! Love it!

Dani said...

Love, love, love it! Gorgeous. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. The other seasons? Meh. Whatever. But Fall? Perfect! :)

Kim said...

I love this card! It's so pretty! And the colors are GREAT!
Hugs~ Kim

Chrissy D said...

Another pretty card Sarah! Love the dew drops with the leaves. TFS!

Meredith said...

so pretty!!! I love the little leaf embelishment and the dew drop is the perfect touch :)

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips